Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs

Capital One | Rewards Miles

Capital One Venture X (General Discussion)

Capital One Venture X (General Discussion)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 24, 22, 2:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
The Benefits Guide for Capital One Venture X is here: https://ecm.capitalone.com/WCM/card/...g-proof_v1.pdf

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 10, 22, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
How long after achieving the $4,000 spend for the SUB does the bonus post? Mrs. Majuki's card hit $4,000 according to the tracker in the app a little over a week ago. The tracker disappeared, and there was a message that said that the threshold had been reached and "click here to redeem". That message has since disappeared.

Also, did the annual fee count as part of the $4,000? I was tracking the spend, and the counter showed the threshold had been achieved before we spent $4,000. We have spent $4,000+ across her card and mine just to be on the safe side.

I remember the $300 travel credit took a few weeks, so perhaps it's the same case with this. Also, does the $300 travel credit deduct from the $4,000 spend? I had one return and a credit due to the flight price dropping via Capital One Travel, but even with those two deductions our combined spend on the card is > $4,000.

Last edited by Majuki; Nov 10, 22 at 7:11 pm
Old Nov 15, 22, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
How long after achieving the $4,000 spend for the SUB does the bonus post? Mrs. Majuki's card hit $4,000 according to the tracker in the app a little over a week ago. The tracker disappeared, and there was a message that said that the threshold had been reached and "click here to redeem". That message has since disappeared.

Also, did the annual fee count as part of the $4,000? I was tracking the spend, and the counter showed the threshold had been achieved before we spent $4,000. We have spent $4,000+ across her card and mine just to be on the safe side.

I remember the $300 travel credit took a few weeks, so perhaps it's the same case with this. Also, does the $300 travel credit deduct from the $4,000 spend? I had one return and a credit due to the flight price dropping via Capital One Travel, but even with those two deductions our combined spend on the card is > $4,000.

My 75k bonus posted instantly.
The 300$ travel credit, however, has been pending over a month
Old Nov 15, 22, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by wongbr View Post
My 75k bonus posted instantly.
Thanks. It's been two weeks, and the SUB has yet to post. I don't have to take any action to accept the bonus, right?
Old Nov 17, 22, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
Thanks. It's been two weeks, and the SUB has yet to post. I don't have to take any action to accept the bonus, right?
No acceptance or anything, they just showed up in the balance
My balance jumped up to 88000 points on the app (balance of ~6000 in the first month or so) which tracks for the 2x points.

Did you have any purchases that were maybe returned that were close to the 4000 threshold that would put you over? Would call in to ask to see if there's something up with your account or if you're maybe tracking the AF of 395$ as part of the SUB which I think is excluded
Old Nov 17, 22, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Rumored fourth Capital One Lounge finally announced for Las Vegas. No opening date yet.

Capital One Plans to Open a New Lounge in Las Vegas (LAS) (thriftytraveler.com)
Old Nov 17, 22, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by wongbr View Post
Did you have any purchases that were maybe returned that were close to the 4000 threshold that would put you over? Would call in to ask to see if there's something up with your account or if you're maybe tracking the AF of 395$ as part of the SUB which I think is excluded
The spend tracker disappeared after about $3,600-$3,700 in purchases, so I was wondering. That being said, Mrs. Majuki and I have put > $4,000 on the card beyond the annual fee, one returned item, and Capital One Travel $300 credit.
Old Nov 24, 22, 11:49 am

Lightbulb Venture X is a great cash-back card for cheap travel - What's the catch?

Despite the big AF and all the extra benefits that are clearly aimed at big spenders (no offense ya'll but spending $1,700 for 3 nights in Savannah, GA is not in my future but you should definitely visit if you want that kind of high-end expense - it's a beautiful city!), this card has been great to me as a budget traveler - especially internationally. I am realizing this after spending some time looking over other travel cards, or airline loyalty cards. Many of these offer gimmicky, not-user-friendly methods of calculating or redeeming their rewards if you are a cheap flyer. No, I don't want hundreds of dollars tied up in an airline currency with whom I never fly because it's too expensive. No, I don't want to only fly United if a competitor airline is cheaper on every other trip.

If you fly only a few times a year in basic economy, (sometimes) with checked luggage, ignore the airline brand, consider multiple airports, and focus on the price, Venture X still works out well as an all-around basic 2 cents cash-back card. For instance, if you only use it for $10,000 in expenses in a year it'll be at least $200 back if you redeem it for travel, including your cheap metro and train rides. That said, you'll likely get more than that back if you use their travel portal.

Then there's the annual fee that becomes a $5 reward considering the annual travel credit and anniversary bonus alone. Oh, what a pain!

Finally, there are a number of benefits that some of you would enjoy too. No FTF. The higher rewards multiplier by using the CapitalOne Travel portal (It's not too bad, honestly -- cleaner than Chase's). Oh and complimentary airport lounge access via three different networks at this moment. I spent my first time visiting one in MAD and wow, what an easier airport experience it is!

Any time I review airline cards such as United or American, I find myself asking if I'd spend enough to even make it worth the cost. So in the end it's a 0-fee card, with whatever the value of any extra benefits you utilize. Tell me, what's the catch before my first year is up and I renew?
Old Nov 24, 22, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Finicky_Finch View Post
Tell me, what's the catch before my first year is up and I renew?
Don't overthink it.
MaxVO and Finicky_Finch like this.

Search this Thread