Capital One Venture X (General Discussion)

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 6, 22, 12:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
The Benefits Guide for Capital One Venture X is here: https://ecm.capitalone.com/WCM/card/...g-proof_v1.pdf

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 11, 22, 1:32 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA View Post
.... way to call them?
If you are trying to call Yardi Systems: https://www.yardi.com/about-us/contact-us/
Old Aug 11, 22, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
If you are trying to call Yardi Systems: https://www.yardi.com/about-us/contact-us/

ill give that a shot! Tysm!
Old Aug 29, 22, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Not sure if there's a better thread to ask about Capital 1 offers (ie, credits for shopping), so starting here (since my card is VentureX), and mods - please move this if there's a better thread (I searched but couldn't find any).

Anyone know if we should get confirmation emails when we've made a purchase using the offer link, and when that typically happens. Just used the Hertz one (8% back), but not sure if there's a way to verify it 'took' - especially since they are not charging me until I drop the car off. I've typically used Rakuten to get cash back with Hertz, which gives me a little verification once I've completed the booking, but didn't see anything to verify that for this offer. 8% vs. 2.5% is a bit too much to pass up.

I know that typically both Chase and Amex email you pretty immediately after swiping a card and an offer is redeemed - Chase sends a second one again once the offer processes, so like 1-2 days before the credit appears on the account. Not sure if there is a way to verify the Cap1 offers are going through before the credit actually posts.

Also, any word on if account managers are supposed to see offers. Technically, my wife is the primary cardholder on our account, and I'm a AM, so have my own login. My wife always saw the offers, and I for a long time never did. Now, I see them but only on the app, not when I'm logged in to the desktop site. I'm assuming if I click through while using the app on my account, using my card should trigger the offer, right?
Old Aug 30, 22, 2:35 pm

I think i might have posted this before, but would applying to this card be worth it? Already owning AMEX platinum. Also, can I like, unregister from priority pass via AMEX and reapply via Capital One, to get better access to the priority pass restaurants and be relax spas? Is this something that is even possible?

Also, would a credit collection of Apple Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex platinum and Capital One venture X be an odd collection of cards? Or do they kinda co-mingle?

thank you
Old Aug 30, 22, 2:40 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Originally Posted by michael1023 View Post
....unregister from priority pass via AMEX and reapply via Capital One, ....
Not possible nor necessary. You create a separate online account at prioritypass.com for each Priority Pass account. One does not replace the other, you can use both or ignore the American Express sponsored version.
levilevi, jebr and michael1023 like this.
Old Aug 30, 22, 2:50 pm

Not possible nor necessary. You create a separate online account at prioritypass.com for each Priority Pass account. One does not replace the other, you can use both or ignore the American Express sponsored version.
thank you. Also, i get this feeling within a year or two, the annual fee on this card will go up and/or some benefits will go away. Is this just pessimistic thinking, or this usually happens?
Old Aug 30, 22, 3:39 pm

I think i might have posted this before, but would applying to this card be worth it? Already owning AMEX platinum.

Also, would a credit collection of Apple Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex platinum and Capital One venture X be an odd collection of cards? Or do they kinda co-mingle?
A lot of this is going to depend on how you personally will get value out of these programs. All of these credit card points programs share a fair number of common transfer partners, so if you're looking to transfer to a program like FlyingBlue then 1 UR = 1 MR = 1 CapOne Mile because they all transfer 1:1 to that program. The hardest lesson of the points game is to not assume that because others are getting value (either quietly, or writing about it on blogs) that you will see that same value. You have your own travel goals, and you need your own redemption strategy which will dictate which cards are "worth it" or not.

That disclaimer out of the way, when I look at that lineup my first thought is Venture X would largely replace your need of both the Apple card and CSP. Why worry about getting 2% only when you pay with Apple pay, or 2x with only travel purchases, when you can get 2x on everything regardless of category or mobile / card payment method?

Also, i get this feeling within a year or two, the annual fee on this card will go up and/or some benefits will go away.
Everything changes for every card. Sometimes it can be good like the 3x categories added to your CSP, and sometimes not so great like your Platinum card annual fee going from $550 to $695.

It's sort of pointless to worry about the future. If you can get benefit from the card now, get it. This isn't a lifetime commitment, you can always liquidate your points and close the card if the situation changes in the future and the card no longer makes sense.
Old Aug 31, 22, 5:10 pm

I think i might have posted this before, but would applying to this card be worth it? Already owning AMEX platinum. Also, can I like, unregister from priority pass via AMEX and reapply via Capital One, to get better access to the priority pass restaurants and be relax spas? Is this something that is even possible?

thank you
This card has received a lot of attention in the last year because of it being new, and because many travel bloggers receive commissions on the referral links. I have the card, but it does not necessarily have a place in my wallet. I do use the C1 portal to book airfare, but thats about it. I think you really need to look at C1s transfer partners. If you value them, then the card may make sense. For me, I much prefer Chases transfer partners, but thats just me.

Yes, as you pointed out you do receive the Priority Pass restaurants, whereas you dont with your American Express platinum card. However, there are also some nice perks, including the Centurion lounges with the platinum card. If you dont value the transfer partners, the VX is really little more than a 2% rebate card, which you can get with the no fee Citi double cash card. If you rent quite a few cars, the VX comes with primary car rental insurance, which is a big one for me, but I also receive with my City National bank crystal card. If you travel quite frequently, take a look at the Priority Pass Netwerk, as it is fairly limited domesticity. Because of this, I also maintain an admirals club membership.

Yes, between the $300 annual credit and 10,000/$100 annual renewal bonus, it ends up being a cost neutral card, but thats not necessarily a reason to get it.
Old Sep 2, 22, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by TTT103 View Post
the VX is really little more than a 2% rebate card, which you can get with the no fee Citi double cash card.
I'll just quickly note that the Venture X has a relatively full suite of purchase protections, whereas the Citi Double Cash has essentially none. I wouldn't get the card solely for those benefits on everyday purchases, but since I can justify the card anyways I use it as an everyday spend card because of those additional protections (like extended warranty or return protection.)
SpaethCo, MaxVO, levilevi and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 2, 22, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
My first anniversary with the card is coming up. Does C1 waive the annual fee if the card is closed/downgraded within the first 30 days of the charge? I was recently surprised they do not transfer credit limits among cards, so curious if they have unusual policies with annual fees.
Old Sep 2, 22, 2:39 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
My first anniversary with the card is coming up. ....
In November?

Here is the notice that appears on each paper/PDF statement:

How can I Avoid Membership Fees?

If a Renewal Notice is printed on this statement, you may avoid paying an annual membership Fee by contacting Customer Service no later than 45 days after the last day in the Billing Cycle covered by this statement to request that we close your account.
I believe the Renewal Notice will appear the month before the annual fee is billed, which means you would have approximately two weeks after the fee is billed to cancel.
Old Sep 3, 22, 8:30 am

does anyone know if we can have multiple venture x cards? or close and reapply in few months?
Old Sep 3, 22, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by RJ5929 View Post
does anyone know if we can have multiple venture x cards? or close and reapply in few months?
I think that will begin next April 1st.
RJ5929 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 22, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
In November?

Here is the notice that appears on each paper/PDF statement:

I believe the Renewal Notice will appear the month before the annual fee is billed, which means you would have approximately two weeks after the fee is billed to cancel.
Thanks. I had a feeling there was something about closing before the annual fee is billed.
Old Sep 4, 22, 5:28 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL DM, UA lice <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P/ RR G, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
I think that will begin next April 1st.
Phil
Cap One pulls all 3 credit bureaus - so not worth it IMHO; Usually any card application gets only 1 or at most 2 at times
I am still above 5/24, on Equifax (which Chase pulls here) but Experian and Transunion are below.
Usinfg a C1 application is not to be done lightly
RJ5929 likes this.

Search this Thread