Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The Benefits Guide for Capital One Venture X is here: https://ecm.capitalone.com/WCM/card/...g-proof_v1.pdf

Print Wikipost

Capital One Venture X (General Discussion)

Old May 20, 2024, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
didnít realize the Amex bonus was targeted.

I have actually used the option to pay charge via Cap1 points before. Expensive trip to London last year, which got more expensive when we had to extend by a couple of days because our 5yo got a stomach bug the day before we were supposed to come home. Too much of a PITA to go to a doc and get forms filled, etc. for insurance. So just easier to use the Cap1 points. Redemptions (with a Marriott hotel) were worse so made out decently. No, not the best value, but definitely a help when I needed it.

only thing about the redemption is it is not like an immediate credit (Iím used to Chase, where any credit is considered a Ďpaymentí and reduces the amount owed immediately) - it only goes as a credit on your next statement - so that statement has to close before it applies.
Thanks for the update. I would have been wondering why it didn't post immediately, especially if points are already deducted.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 3:07 pm

Does anybody know if I can get the Venture sign up bonus if I already have the Venture X? The terms are a bit unclear to me.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 3:13 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN A-list preferred, United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by akrooman
Does anybody know if I can get the Venture sign up bonus if I already have the Venture X? The terms are a bit unclear to me.
Iím pretty sure the applicant will get the bonus but anyone referring the applicant will not get anything (because the customer is not new to Capital One).
Old Jul 1, 2024, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Is 75k miles for $4k spend the best offer rn? Does this card still include Priority pass (no restuarants)? Any plans to drop that benefit?

Also - will they be able to mail the card to a mailing address on file (rather than the residential address on file). Or for initial mailing does it go to residential?

What credit reporting agency do they use? (so I know who to unlock)?
Old Jul 1, 2024, 9:12 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I
What credit reporting agency do they use? (so I know who to unlock)?
They pull all three, as you seem to know: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35819633-post410.html
Old Jul 1, 2024, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
They pull all three, as you seem to know: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35819633-post410.html
lol. knew would be the key word there. Brain doesn't have the same recall these days. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2024, 7:03 am

Not sure how Cap1 is calculating credit scores, but I applied for the Vx and it said my score was 739. Denied so I subsequently applied for the Aeroplan instead as planned and boom 823 score.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.