Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:32 pm

As another data point, I transferred about 250k miles to Aeroplan on Friday around 4pm and finally received the miles in my account Monday at 9pm.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by BonnieK
As another data point, I transferred about 250k miles to Aeroplan on Friday around 4pm and finally received the miles in my account Monday at 9pm.
I transferred 88000 to Aeroplan yesterday at around 3pm but is still not showing up. Called C1 and they did not see anything wrong and asked me to wait. Just did another 220k about 2 hours ago. Fingers crossed as I will need these miles next Monday. :-(

When I called, she said it can take up to 24 hours. My other 240k transfer on 4/5 was instanteous. Is it because I am doing too many transfers in a short period of time?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by llngoc
I transferred 88000 to Aeroplan yesterday at around 3pm but is still not showing up. Called C1 and they did not see anything wrong and asked me to wait. Just did another 220k about 2 hours ago. Fingers crossed as I will need these miles next Monday. :-(

When I called, she said it can take up to 24 hours. My other 240k transfer on 4/5 was instanteous. Is it because I am doing too many transfers in a short period of time?
An update. Both transfers got done in about 36 hours. I guess next time I will just do a single "large" transfer.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 6:53 am

I just (on 04/30) transferred about 100k to Virgin. Base points posted immediately but no bonus points (30%). No email from cap1 either confirming the transfer. A week ago, I did one 100k transfer and all 3 things came immediately: base points, bonus points, and email confirmation. I will post an update when I get the bonus points. Just curious, there have been no DPs that bonus points never got posted eventually, right? I am ok with a delay as I don't need the points for a booking.
Old May 3, 2024, 5:32 am

Transferred C1 to BA Avios last night. Small transfer 30K points. Transfer showed immediately in BA acct but not avail for purchase yet. Went to bed. Avail for purchase in the AM and now the flight that I wanted to book with Avios (6 seats avail last night) is no longer available. UGGHH!!!
Old May 18, 2024, 1:57 pm

Angry Capital one miles did not transfer to Flying Blue

I'm fairly certain that the problem is on Capital One's end.
I transferred miles successfully to buy an Air France ticket. FIVE days later, I transferred miles again to purchase another ticket and the miles did not transfer although they were deducted from the Capital One Points balance. Capital One's operator said that they had fifteen days to investigate. How galling.

I would have lost the ticket had I not had AMEX reward points to use. That transfer went immediately.

Clearly Capital One has not invested in an appropriate security system to guard against fraud compared with AMEX. I deeply regret that I have spent so much on that Capital One card and accumulated so many points.

Any basis for a Class Action Suit?
Old May 20, 2024, 1:10 pm

Adding to DPs:

05/18 ~3PM: Transferred 330k to Flying Blue. Of note, the name on my FB account doesn't exactly match the name on my C1 account. My C1 account has my full name (my first name has two parts) whereas my FB account has my shortened name. This is also my first ever transfer from C1.
05/18 ~5PM: I never got the confirmation email from C1, so I called C1 and the rep assured me there was nothing wrong, and I just had to wait. I placed a hold on the award tix at this time.

It has now been 48 hrs since the initial transfer, no miles posted. Will update for posterity. Extremely frustrating to find the perfect award tix, only to (probably) lose it because of this delay. My hold expires tomorrow so here's hoping.
Old May 20, 2024, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by proseccopapi
Adding to DPs:

05/18 ~3PM: Transferred 330k to Flying Blue. Of note, the name on my FB account doesn't exactly match the name on my C1 account. My C1 account has my full name (my first name has two parts) whereas my FB account has my shortened name. This is also my first ever transfer from C1.
05/18 ~5PM: I never got the confirmation email from C1, so I called C1 and the rep assured me there was nothing wrong, and I just had to wait. I placed a hold on the award tix at this time.

It has now been 48 hrs since the initial transfer, no miles posted. Will update for posterity. Extremely frustrating to find the perfect award tix, only to (probably) lose it because of this delay. My hold expires tomorrow so here's hoping.
05/20 10PM: Miles have posted, total of 55 hrs. Phew!
Old Jun 16, 2024, 9:16 pm

This is frustrating - first time doing a Capital One transfer to Flying Blue, large amount of miles. I put a hold on the award ticket but initiated the transfer on Saturday at 7pm, it's 24 hours + still no sign of transfer.

I read through a lot of posts and tricks, my Capital One has my middle initial and I updated Flying Blue with a middle initial which they added to my first name. I really hope the transfer completes by tomorrow morning. I called both parties, they keep telling me to wait and they can only open a ticket after a certain period which ranges from 3 days to like 14 days. Ugh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.