Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by arfaczar
Had a similar issue with my 1st Capital One transfer of 350k miles to Aeroplan. So far, no intimation of fraud in the first 12 hours - will call Capital One after 48 hours has lapsed. Hoping that I won't have to and the awards are still available when the miles finally hit my account. Before transferring to Aeroplan, my SO had requested transferring 150k miles to my card, which was instantaneous. I wonder if should have waited 24 hours after the transfer between accounts, before initiating the partner transfer!?

On a related note, I transferred 150k to Aeroplan from my AmEx account and that reflected immediately.
Any update on what happened with the points? I'm going on 40+ hours after requesting the transfer (200K) from capital one to aeroplan. Getting a little frustrated to say the least. I've talked to capital one multiple times and they said everything looks good on their end and they're showing the transfer went through when i requested it. I did smaller transfers from both chase and amex at about the same time that were instant. I'm currently waiting on a call back from aeroplan.

Last edited by Mike Putarek; Jan 23, 2023 at 1:41 pm Reason: more to add
Old Jan 23, 2023, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Putarek
DId a transfer of 200k capital one miles to aeroplan about 20 hours ago and still waiting on them. First transfer to aeroplan. First transfers from chase and amex were both instant. No issues according to capital one.
Update. My transfer finally went through but it took almost 48 hours.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:58 am

Flying blue transfer taking more than 12 hrs?

I transferred 1k miles over weekend from capital one to flying blue and instantaneous. I transferred 330k last night and nothing yet. Any idea?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by webazoid
....Any idea?
The same seems to be happening at other programs. It appears that when a transfer is large enough to redeem for a ticket there is a delay while some additional verification is done.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Mike Putarek
Update. My transfer finally went through but it took almost 48 hours.
did u have to call c1 or c1 call u for any verification?
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:36 am

Update: transferred about 36 hrs ago 300k+ miles to flying blue. This morning I got call from +1 (800) 239-7054 saying c1 fraud department. They verified amount of transfer and had me upload driver license. Says 7-10 biz days for resolution but usually faster. 🤦🏻‍♂️

update: now locked me out of my c1 app/account. Calling back and waiting on hold. Terrible

Last edited by webazoid; Feb 16, 2023 at 1:16 pm
Old Feb 16, 2023, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by WestJetter824
Couldn't find a thread on this issue, so hopefully this helps someone. Or, maybe someone could help me lol.

Tried transferring 350,000 points from Capital One to Aeroplan last night. Then, I get a fraud alert call from Capital One the next morning saying that the points transfer triggered a fraud alert?!

I spend 2 hours on the phone with 2 unhelpful and unsympathetic representatives who have me verify my information 20 times over, and send them pictures of my license multiple times, to no avail. Not only am I still locked out of my Capital One account now (no issues before or last night), the points are now in no man's land. Capital One says they are showing that the points have transferred...yet they are 100% not in my Aeroplan account. They now say they will escalate but that it will take 10-12 days...which is great since I wanted to book a flight ASAP for a flight in a few weeks. We all know how point prices change, too.

Has anyone else had issues of point transfer triggering fraud alerts?! This has been an extremely frustrating experience, and Capital One really is losing favor in my eyes versus Chase and Amex.
Did u get a call saying fraud alert removed before ur points show up or ur points just show up?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 8:18 pm

Update: Finally got my points deposited this morning. From time click to transfer points to when actual points deposited, was about 60 hrs.

Here's a revised timeline:

2/15/23 midnight: Transferred 330k points from C1 to Flying Blue
2/15/23 morning, afternoon, and evening: nothing deposited; able to log into my C1 online account w/o problems; C1 account shows 330k points transferred. Nothing in Flying Blue account.
2/16/23 morning: Got a missed call from C1. Called back 800-239-7054 points fraud number and was told my transfer on hold due to fraud alert. Asked several questions and had me upload my drivers license. Says wait 7-10 biz days
2/16/23 afternoon: Called C1 points fraud number and spoke to several agents who said same thing. Tried logging to C1 online account and locked out. Called C1 877-383-4802. After speaking to to agents (requested supervisor), they manually verified my ID and says may fraud alert was cleared. However, I was still locked out of my online C1 account.
2/16/23 evening: Called C1 877-383-4802 and lady there unlocked my account after transferred to supervisor. One agent says transfer could take up to 60 business days. I requested another supervisor and she transferred me to someone from points department who says points would appear likely tomorrow.
2/7/23 morning: Got email notifying points deposited and points were in my flying blue account. I did not receive any phone calls notifying deposit unlike other posters.

In total, probably spent 2-3 hours on the phone. Longest call was about 70 minutes. The two numbers above were the numbers I used.

Of note: People say call to hold the desired flight before transfer but when I had agent hold flight, the 80k points required per person jumped to 200k points so I didn't hold it.
iceiceui2 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:55 pm

Just tried to transfer 300k to Aeroplan and did not receive the points instantly. I made smaller 1k transfers before and the points were deposited within minutes.

For those who had to correspond with the fraud department, was the large transfer the first one into the FFP account?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 11:22 am

Just to add a datapoint, I tried transferring 583k points and am in the same cycle other users found themselves in. I got locked out of my account and ended up on a lengthy call from a rep to rectify the situation. I had to upload my drivers license and then change my password to finally be able to log back in. I have still yet to receive my points though. I plan to wait a couple hours and call back.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 1:55 pm

The fraud department verified the ID while on the call (skipping webazoid's first two calls) and transferred the call to the rewards department after clearing the restriction. The redemption manager did not see anything wrong with the transfer and suggested waiting 24 hours before creating a ticket. Capital One email confirmation and Aeroplan points arrived two days later without needing the ticket.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 3:00 pm

These datapoints are helpful because I just called Capital One and they said from their perspective it looks like the points have been sent and that I should call Air Canada. I called them and they said from their perspective no points have been received so from where I'm sitting it looks like my points are just gone. Based on this thread it looks like the points will arrive in a day or two. Hopefully the redemption I need is still there when I finally get the points.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:26 am

Update: points finally deposited to my air canada account. All in all the process took about 60 hours
Old May 28, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Is this still a known issue?

Does Capital One send an email when a transaction is successful or if it fails? On their website my transaction is showing successful (although I don't see the transferred points).

Last edited by MarkP24; May 28, 2023 at 12:24 pm
Old May 28, 2023, 4:55 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Is this still a known issue?
Does Capital One send an email when a transaction is successful or if it fails? On their website my transaction is showing successful (although I don't see the transferred points).
IME, Cap one sends an email when you click on transfer - this was in the early days of Dec 2021 when we pooled family points for an award
In my Emirates 500k case, I got an email but no points. I called C1 - initially they said it is OK then the fraud dept got in the next day
Despite proving legit info, after a week I got an email that it was denied
Luckily my plans had changed - I found 70k AA on QR so I was glad to get the points back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.