Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Keeping Capital One cards? [Cancel, Exchange, Retention Offers, all cards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2023, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpaethCo
This needs additional details for business cards, but for personal cards it's important to point out that all Venture cards retain the full availability to transfer miles to partners.

Capital One product change link: https://verified.capitalone.com/auth...ProductUpgrade

Important Note: Capital One refers to every product change as an "upgrade" even if you are technically changing to a lower tier card. Only a handful of other products tend to be available (ie, Savor cards rarely show up as an "upgrade" option), and the cards you are presented by the upgrade link may vary over time. For the Venture and Venture X, the no annual fee VentureOne is often presented as a product change option and can be a valuable option to preserve a points balance.

The no annual fee VentureOne card only earns 1.25x points for purchases, but it retains all of the rest of the Venture card transfer powers.

For example, the no annual fee combo of SavorOne and VentureOne would earn 3x points on Dining/Grocery/Entertainment (SavorOne) and 1.25x points on everything else (VentureOne). With that combination you retain the 1:1 transfer ability with all of Capital One's transfer partners.
Print Wikipost

Keeping Capital One cards? [Cancel, Exchange, Retention Offers, all cards]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2023, 7:18 am

Should I bother changing my Venture One, please?

I got a pop up asking me if I wanted to change cards.

We currently have Chase Freedom and the old and new IHG cards, Costco, Amex Blue, Amex Delta and the Amtrak from FNBO. We plan on getting the Hyatt and the Marriott. I have a PayPal card that gives me 2% on everything.

I have had the Capital one for a long time so other than age I am hard pressed to think about what value it adds.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
I am pretty new here. I am just curious if i can product change my Venture one to Savor one NO AF card? Anyone got ideas? I am planning on getting the Venture card in a few months. But I am not confident Cap1 will approve me for a Venture.
Old May 14, 2023, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by jacobus
I am pretty new here. I am just curious if i can product change my Venture one to Savor one NO AF card? Anyone got ideas? I am planning on getting the Venture card in a few months. But I am not confident Cap1 will approve me for a Venture.
You can't PC from visa to a MC. If you have Venture one that is an MC type, you might have the option to PC change to Savor1.
Old May 14, 2023, 7:42 pm

My Venture one is an MC for some reason I just checked.
Old May 14, 2023, 7:48 pm

My Venture one is an MC for some reason I just checked.
The old Venture1 was visa, now the new one is MC. Some people on reddit was able to PC a MC QS1 to a Savor 1. Haven't seen any DP from Venture 1 to Savor 1 yet.

https://verified.capitalone.com/auth...ProductUpgrade

Go here and check to see if you are able to PC to anything.
Old May 14, 2023, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by berombeu
The old Venture1 was visa, now the new one is MC. Some people on reddit was able to PC a MC QS1 to a Savor 1. Haven't seen any DP from Venture 1 to Savor 1 yet.

https://verified.capitalone.com/auth...ProductUpgrade

Go here and check to see if you are able to PC to anything.
Thanks hopefully i can. Would like to start building with Cap1 back up. The Venture X doesn't make sense for me actually.
Old May 14, 2023, 7:51 pm

Thanks hopefully i can. Would like to start building with Cap1 back up. The Venture X doesn't make sense for me actually.
First year is always making sense.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:43 pm

It has been 10 months since I got the Venture X Bonus. Thinking about downgrading to the VentureOne (no annual fee), but don't want to risk losing my 90k CapOne points.

Anyone have any DPs of downgrading at about 10 months? Will Cap1 claw back the sign on bonus?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick Ding
Anyone have any DPs of downgrading at about 10 months? Will Cap1 claw back the sign on bonus?
I downgraded to the VentureONE about 10 or 11 months in once I got the statement notice that the next month's statement would contain the annual fee.

No points clawback, wasn't charged the annual fee, no issues.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:58 pm

It has been 10 months since I got the Venture X Bonus. Thinking about downgrading to the VentureOne (no annual fee), but don't want to risk losing my 90k CapOne points.

With Cap1, you can't downgrade unless there is an "offer" for you to do so.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 9:07 am

Yesterday, I had the offer in my account to downgrade to VentureOne. Checked today and it disappeared
Old Jun 14, 2023, 10:29 pm

Yesterday, I had the offer in my account to downgrade to VentureOne. Checked today and it disappeared
I called them and they were able to downgrade even though it didn't show up in my account
berombeu and LeastP like this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Venture X retention?

Anyone receive a retention offer for Venture X recently?

Mine is up soon. Probably gonna keep.it anyway but retention offers are always good.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Anyone receive a retention offer for Venture X recently?

Mine is up soon. Probably gonna keep.it anyway but retention offers are always good.
Aside from the 10K miles? I don't recall seeing any DP here.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by berombeu
With Cap1, you can't downgrade unless there is an "offer" for you to do so.
berombeu
Is this standard practice for Cap1? There is no downgrade option unless you receive an offer, even if you call and ask?

Ex: signing up for the Venture, and then downgrading/product changing to the Venture One after 12 months (I have the Venture X and will keep it). Would I lose any points if I kept the Venture X?

Last edited by rbrad; Jul 13, 2023 at 3:29 am Reason: Mentioning User

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.