Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Reload this Page >

Check in with CP or AC for wet-lease flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2000, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little

Just curious. Do I check in with CP or AC for a wet-leased flight "Operated by CP for AC"?

FewMiles..
Old Jul 26, 2000, 10:29 pm

Programs: AE
Few Miles, you should proceed to AC check-in for these flights. Everything for check-in is loaded into ResIII only.
Old Jul 27, 2000, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

CPYVR: Thanks for the information! Can I still post the points on these wet-lease flights to my AAdvantage account (before 31Dec of course)? It's booked with a CP code and is on CP metal, though I fear the wet-lease deal could throw a wrench into the works.

FewMiles..
Old Jul 28, 2000, 7:35 am

This turns out to be a good question, FewMiles.
My first answer would be yes, as long as you are booked on the CP designated flight number, you AAdvantage points should be counted. I checked with a Canadian Plus agent who also agreed with me, but when checking with their help desk, they were told no.
She offered this advice. Add your AAdvantage number to the reservation prior to your travel, but double check with AAdvantage with regard to the wet-lease flights. They are the experts in how their points are accumulated.
Have been advised by another agent that you should be able to collect points without any problem, as AAdvantage points were collected on CP codeshare flights to Italy that were operated by AZ (who were not partners with AA). She also suggested saving all boarding passes (as usual) in case of any problems with the points appearing in your account.
Rgds, CPYVR

[This message has been edited by CPYVR (edited 07-28-2000).]
Old Jul 28, 2000, 11:13 am

Checked further with CP Platinum desk, and they advised that miles can be credited to your AAdvantage account on the wet-lease flights. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Jul 28, 2000, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

CPYVR: Thanks for digging up all this information for me. Your assistance is much appreciated! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

Regards,
FewMiles..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.