Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The letter has arrived...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2000, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The letter has arrived...

Canada Post has delivered "the letter" from Kari Grist in this morning's mail:

"For the past 16 years, the loyalty and support of you and nearly three million other members have made the Canadian Plus program an undeniable success. We would like to extend our sincerest thanks for making us your proud partner in travel."

The next several paragraphs restate what is posted on the web site, and there is a form to mail in for transferring the account to Aeroplan (or offering fax or web options).

"It has been a privilege serving you as a member of the Canadian Plus program and we thank you for your loyalty. We are pleased that your opportunities to enjoy exciting rewards and benefits will continue in the future as a member of the Aeroplan program."

The envelope is plain white with the goose and Canadian Plus logo, and there is a notice in red ink, "what's happening to your points..." plus a further note in black over the address window, "Important Inforation Inside".

And so Jim Morrison echoes in my head: "This is the end, my friend, the end".
Old Jul 11, 2000, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I got my copy in the mail on Fri. I note that if I do nothing, the transfer still takes place, presumably to my AC account.
Old Jul 11, 2000, 7:19 pm

If you do NOTHING, they will probaly create a NEW aeroplan account, sicne they won't know if you alreayd have one.. neither will they know your aeroplan number. It is best to inform Canadi>n Plus as to what they should do with your account.
Old Jul 11, 2000, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
If you have an existing Aeroplan account, you should be following the instructions in the letter or visit www.cdnair.ca/mypoints (the whole process takes less than one minute provided you know both your CPlus and Aeroplan numbers off by heart). http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif This prevents a duplicate Aeroplan account being opened in your name - can you imagine trying to reach a live person at Aeroplan to explain your situation and get it rectified after that happens?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.