Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Midland Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2000, 8:17 am
Original Poster

British Midland Lounge Access

Tried to get into the BD Lounge at LHR today for a flight in Y class to Scotland. Basically as an CP EP I could not enter either of the lounges unless I had a ticket in J. Fortunately I only had hand baggage so I changed the ticket to BA and went in their lounge instead with my BA card.
Old Jun 4, 2000, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
BM is not a STAR Alliance member yet, and the agreement Cdn has with them is only a commercial one which alost permits points accumulation. Lounge agreements are serparately negotiated, and until BM does join STAR offially in September (I believe), it is not included in the STAR lounge list we now have access to. If you were in T1, then does not LH fly from there, or IB or almost any other STAR member with European routes? You could have used any of those lounges under the STAR arrangement.

The announcement in the Cdn+ newsletter did clearly state that lounge access is limited to those flying J/C-class. (Actually, any passenger on a business class ticket can use the Diamond Club lounge.)
Old Jun 4, 2000, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

The newsletter has not arrived here yet. I just saw on the CP website that BD was a new partner and assumed there would be lounge access (I'll look more closely next time!).
The domestic flights in terminal 1 are separate from the international flights, so there is only a choice of 3 airline lounges - the other 2 are 1W airlines BA & EI. In the rest of terminal 1 I don't know of any other * carriers. Iberia is in 1W and all the star alliance members operate from terminals 2 & 3 now. The main thing to draw from this is that if you are connecting off CP/AC at LHR don't expect to get in a lounge at terminal 1 - use the AC arrivals lounge landside at T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.