Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan Airlines withdraws from Cdn+

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2000, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Japan Airlines withdraws from Cdn+

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere in the past -- can't find it if it has -- but just read in another newsletter [EliteFlyer] that Japan Airlines is pulling out of Cdn+ as of September 1st. (Not unexpected given combined AC/CP services to Japan.) Also, to entice Canadians to join this carrier's own FF program, they will be offering first flight bonus points of 5K, plus other route bonuses in a run-up to September's change.
Old May 5, 2000, 1:15 pm

This was expected, but not because of CP+AC services to Japan (CP was in bed with JAL when it has its own metal to Japan), but more because All Nippon Airways is in the Star Alliance, and code-shares with Air Canada.
Old May 5, 2000, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
I wonder if this also has to do with the fact that JAL is/was/will be rumoured to be cosy-cosy with the oneworld alliance?

FewMiles..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.