FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canadian Airlines Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canadian-airlines-plus-403/)
-   -   Stickers to swap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canadian-airlines-plus/37438-stickers-swap.html)

Chatter Apr 23, 2000 9:54 am

Stickers to swap

I have many 1999 stickers on hand, and as I travel internationally most of the time, so I have little use on them. I would like to know if anyone here would like to swap for some black sticker with me. Please contact me through email

mtacchi Apr 24, 2000 8:31 am

I do not travel much internationally(usually waste the black on a short haul)but am getting low on the trusty red 500 milers, email me @ [email protected].

Chatter Apr 28, 2000 4:17 am

mtacchi:

I sent you an email already. Please check, thanks

Chris L Apr 30, 2000 10:51 am

I've just found some CP upgrade certs that I didn't know I still had....
I thought i'd given them all away !

I have a set of 4 CS red 500 miles+ 2 CI grey Systemwide = 1 Initial upgrade pack

I also have a Ultimate upgrade set of 2 SWA Systemwide upgrades

These expire Feb 2001 :

What I would really like in exchange if possible is a NW International upgrade certificate or the same on CO - if such a thing exists ? I will probably need to use it only in September !

Thanks

@com May 1, 2000 3:56 pm

I have some of the coveted 'blacks' and would make those available for one-ways or other - email me!

Andrew Yiu May 1, 2000 4:59 pm

@ com:

I am interested in your black stickers.... However, I'll need your email though! I am willing to trade some of my blue stickers for your Black ones.

Let me know...

ffs852 May 1, 2000 9:57 pm

Hi everyone, I have some blue and lots of red stickers to trade for 2 black ones. Please send me email at ssw207[at]mail.com if interested.

@com May 2, 2000 3:59 pm

empress: email me at [email protected]

IsleTraveller May 3, 2000 7:22 pm

ssw207: I can use as many reds as you have....

Andrew Yiu May 3, 2000 9:52 pm

IsleTraveller:

I have 17 red stickers left over from last year and I would be happy to exchange them for black stickers!

Please email me and let me know if you are interested.

ffs852 May 3, 2000 10:41 pm

The stickers are gone (made a deal)! Thanks for your interest anyways.

[This message has been edited by ssw207 (edited 05-04-2000).]

Shareholder May 4, 2000 12:24 am

I raised this back when the new program GOLD and EXECPLATINUM booklets came out and people started talking about swapping upgrade stickers, but never did get an answer back then. So I'll ask again...

How do you propose to exchange this year's stickers (blues and whites) when they and the page they are held on must be presented intact in the booklet to the agent? What happens when an EXECPLATINUM member hands over a GOLD booklet they may have received in eachange for some of last year's stickers? Stickers that have been removed are not valid any longer, and I would assume pages removed from the booklets might also be disallowed.

(Now I suppose one could remove the stickers from the booklet page, stick them onto wax paper and exchange them, then stick those stickers into your own booklet...)

ffs852 May 4, 2000 7:10 am

Shareholder:

One method is to take out the staples and disassemble the booklet, and remove the upgrades along with the adjacent page.

The adjacent page to the stickers in the Gold booklet is the OneWorld Lounge information which we have no use anyways http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif and you get to keep the remainder of the guide.

With this method, one can simply attach the swapped sticker page to their booklet.

I tried it on an unsuspecting AC agent on a trip from LGA-YUL and it works (took out the page from the Club booklet and reattached it to the Gold booklet)

[This message has been edited by ssw207 (edited 05-04-2000).]

Andrew Yiu May 4, 2000 11:58 am

However, the ExecPlat booklet have a whole centre page of stickers (12 White on the left and 6 blues on the right). Does that mean a EP can only exchange with a EP.

I think it'll be easier to exchange once we start earning those threshold upgrade packages.

But they only say we cannot remove stickers from the "sheet". I don't think it'll be a problem just giving the agent the upgrade page alone. Plus I don't think CP agents will be picky about that... don't know about AC agents..... never had to deal with them and hope never have to fly AC.

ffs852 May 4, 2000 4:24 pm

Empress,

I doubt the agent will have enough time to inspect your booklet, and there is always a legitimate reason why you detached the page from the booklet, just say "I don't want to carry the entire booklet around!"

Just my 2 cents...