Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Designing the Perfect Airline

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2000, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Designing the Perfect Airline

The time has come to put the challenge to Air Canada’s management team who have pledged that their merger with Canadian Airlines will result in the creation of the world’s best airline. We’re the ones they have to satisfy, so we should also be the ones to help define what our expectations are for the “ideal” service an airline should provide in the many facets of its operations. It goes without saying that we want schedules with frequent departures and easy connections (when non-stops or direct flights are not possible). We want safety to be a paramount concern. But it
is with those myriad of other details we can give advice. Notes are provided under each of the seven headings as guidelines, but don’t be limited by them as long as your comments fit the theme of the forum. Things like perks and benefits for elites will often find their way into all the forums, but most Aeroplan/CanadianPlus program issues are dealt with in the Awards Redemption forum.

Feel free to contribute your thoughts throughout the month of May. I will then
tabulate each of the forums and prepare a consolidated report that can be posted or downloaded in mid-June for review by FlyerTalkers. Those who agree with the final version of this report -- revisions will undoubtedly occur throughout June -- will be invited to “sign” it, and during the FlyerTalk gathering in Montreal (July 21st to 23rd), those of us attending will arrange to deliver it to a member of Air Canada’s senior management team.

For ease of participation, all forums will appear in the Air Canada strand. This single
forum has been posted in the Canadian strand to refer people to this AC strand to ensure as full participation as possible by those FlyerTalkers (from around the world) who fly either of our fine carriers.

So drop into the Air Canada strand, and start adding your thoughts.
Old May 1, 2000, 7:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Thanks Shareholder I have posted my initial thoughts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.