Stupid.

Old Apr 10, 00, 12:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Stupid.

I arrived to the Mexico City airport on Apr. 5 at 1030pm to check in for my flight on Apr. 6 at 1am. I had a Y class ticket and was planning to use my upgrade stickers. I had taken the CP flight 109 MEX-YYZ on numerous occasions before and went right to the Canadian Airlines counter to check in. The counter was not there anymore when I arrived, a British Airways counter was at its place. The airport was empty. The only person I was able to find there was the American Airlines oneworld desk agent.

I asked her where the CP counter was and she politely informed me that the counter does not exist: "as of 2 days ago Canadian does not fly to Mexico city anymore. Now Air Canada services the destination, but, of course, at a different hour, at 2pm."

No Canadian agents were there and the AC checkin counter was dead as well. I was the only passenger trying to look for the check-in for the non-existing flight.

The AA agent rerouted me to a Mexicana fligh for 8am the next morning. When I asked her where I should sleep, she said that she could not pay for the hotel as only CP agents can arrange that. I had to pay for the Airport Hotel accomodation myself and I shall write to CP asking for a compensation. Do you think I am likely to get it?

I could not upgrade and I had to pay for the hotel. I am furious.
Old Apr 10, 00, 11:26 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
Boris:

We you actually *booked* on this non-existant flight? If so, you have a relevant beef with them. If they cancel a flight (or change it's time) they should have called you.

Although I am not a Canadian passenger, I can tell you from experience that AA routinely calls me (once 3 months out) when my flights have been canceled (day of) or when the departure time has shifted. I got this when I had no status and continue to get it with my executive status.
Old Apr 11, 00, 12:08 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Once my YVR - YYC flight was cancelled, CP somehow manage to track me down at the hotel which I still don't know how they did it to this day and inform me that morning.
Old Apr 11, 00, 1:40 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Alaska, ANA, JAL
Boris, If you had a contact number on file with that booking then CP should have contacted you - no two ways about it. If not, then you have nothing to lose anyway - get on their backs about it.

Old Apr 28, 00, 1:26 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Just printed off the complaint letter. I hope that they'll also pay for the movie I watched at the hotel.