Lounges at LHR

Old Apr 3, 2000, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
Lounges at LHR

Could some one update the current FF lounge status in LHR. I am CP Gold (OW saphire)travelling this weekend YYZ-LHR-NCL on BA and returning on BA/CP.
Can I use the T4 arrivals lounge?
Which departure lounge(s) can I use in T4?
Does TI terrace lounge have showers? Do I have access to any lounges with showers at LHR?
When I look at the BA, CP or OW websites it is not too clear which lounges different OW levels entitled to access.
Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 3, 2000, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Cdn+ top tier elites and CP J class passengers have never had access to T4 arrivals lounge to my knowledge, unless your ticket is codeshared in J and shows BA flight number (or you fly BA in F, even on a FF ticket). So unless that is the class you are flying, forget it. BA is very strict with access to this facility, and only their own top elites and those of QF have access on any fare (and when flying on a QF flight code). You might want to try AC Arrivals Lounge at T3, but it will require an airside change of terminal and unless you are in J on CP, they may not let you in, even on a R (unless you are Gold or ExecPlat). When change of terminal occurs, CP passengers will have access to this lounge, under those restrictions.

You will have access to Terrace Lounges at Gate 1 in T4, but I don't believe these have extensive shower facilities as does the Arrivals Lounge. T3 F class BA lounge does have a small shower, but access is also restricted. Sorry to convey bad news.
Old Apr 4, 2000, 6:52 am
Original Poster

That is about what I thought, but I had hoped I was wrong!
Thanks for the information anyway.
Old Apr 4, 2000, 8:50 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
Geordie,

As Gold the only Lounges you can not use, are arrivals and 1st Class.

The Terrace Lounge is new, and there is a rest area. If the Terrace is busy keep going towards the end of the terminal and there is another small lounge on the left, this is often quiter than the others.

You are not missing a lot by not going into the 1st Class lounge, the facilities are much the same in all the lounges, and a first glance you can not tell them apart. 1st has better wine, and more snacks (sometimes).

Enjoy your trip.

Stewart.
Old Apr 4, 2000, 8:57 am

There is quite a pleasant shower facility in the terraces lounge in Terminal 1 by gate 5 airside. There can often be a waitlist for the showers so don't leave it until the last minute
Old Apr 13, 2000, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just spent a few hours in the LHR T4 airside BA Terrace Lounge which is by Gate 1. It does have shower facilities and these are less restrictive than the BA Arrivals lounge. However, unless you are connecting to another flight in T4, you have to figure out how to get into the terminal, use the lounge, then get back out to the transfer area, or back into the immigration/customs area (and not lose your bag which will have arrived well before you've finished your abulitions in the lounge.
Old Apr 13, 2000, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Update on my trip.
Landed T4 on BA with 75 minutes until my domestic connection out of T1. 20 min to T1 Terrace lounge via the airside bus and connections centre. Used the showers in T1 Terrace (up the escalator to the left of the check in desk). No waiting list, very nice, very new. Made a huge difference in keeping me awake for the rest of the day!
Really going to miss access to the BA lounges after June.
Has anybody got an opinion of the AC arrivals lounge at T3, or the public showers in the connection centre, as these will be my only options on my next trip?
Old Apr 13, 2000, 9:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
AC Arrivals is very new and clean and spacious rooms with showers, robe, amenities, food.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.