Search

Something makes me really confused.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2000, 1:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Something makes me really confused.

I know we can now use CP Yr.2000 upgrade stickers on AC at the gate. For a Gold or a EP member, do we have to stick back with the eligible fare rules outlined in our package, or we can upgrade from anyfare standby for AC domestic flight. Anyone can untie the knot for me

Moreover, current CP and AC are having a seat sale, and I find a very cheap ticket with N fare. However, when I ask my travel agent for that, they quote me a Q fare. Though the price is the same, the conditions are not. I have to ticket it by April 1 or 24 hours after the reservation if I book it thru the agent, but if I book it directly with CP, I don't have to ticket it by April 3 and I can have 2 days to consider after the reservation has been made.

Can anyone here explain the issue to me. I assume that the Q and N fare shouldn't make any difference, so in this case, would I be better off for buying ticket with CP directly?
Old Mar 27, 2000, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
No upgrades on old black stickers. There is a thread on the Air Canada forum with this info on it.

However, I would hope that you could still use black stickers on CP fares/flights throughout 2000. In that case, you are better with the N fare from CP rather than the Q from AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.