Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Update :D

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2000, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Upgrade Update :D

I am on a cross-country tour today which will have me going from YVR-YYZ on a rather roundabout routing (via YYC and YWG) and I a VERY happy to report that when the agent in YVR asked for my stickers - she asked for white, yes, white! I was more than prepared to handover the red ones given that I was on one of those 'special' fares.

I noticed that the North Terminal Empress Lounge desk had a laminated printout from their computers outlining the new sticker policy so perhaps I just lucked out this morning.

Anyone else have some similar good experiences?

BTW, all of my flights today have been full or near full.

Old Mar 11, 2000, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Pointweasle
I intend to use my white upgrades as soon as possible, as they are on a restricted fare basis. Did you buy a 6/49 ticket? Today must be your lucky day! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif I can use the red ones at any time.
Old Mar 12, 2000, 1:11 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

I had great experience about this:

Last week: YYZ - YEG - YVR on a N fare, upgraded at the 100 hr mark. Gave the agent the new stickers, no questions asked.

YVR - YYC - YYZ on a N fare, upgraded also at the 100 hr mark. Gave the agent the new stickers, again no question asked. Because I missed my connection from YYC - YYZ, the conceirge made my upgrade complimentary and gave me back 2000 miles in stickers (the old ones). She also put me in D class which meant I have 25% bonus Q miles.

I think as long as you can get pass the reservation agent, it'll work. However, as soon as the gate agents start checking, it's not going to be pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.