Wiki Posts
Search

New food

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2000, 11:34 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

New food

Got a taste of the new food on the YYZ - YEG flight. I was served Breakfast, so really can't compare to the enhances J service yet until my return flight when I will be served dinner. It's pretty much the same thing but pre-plated and it was lot faster compared to the previous serving style.

This is probably the second best service I had from in flight crew in the last few years. (The best being my HKG - YVR 2 wks ago) J class have 9 pax (3 employees). I was the only EP on board and I was treated like one! The FA addressed me by name (The only one in J class), constantly come through and see is there anything I want. Also had quite a chat with one of them and she even thanked me for travelling with CP so much. She also said how the employees love Benson. She said the FA and the pilots would line up and welcome Benson on board if he ever flys them.

As this flight was almost record setting time she said (4 hrs 25 mins).. I was obviously getting bored, so I asked another FA about watching the landing from the flight deck and was denied, reason being employees only. I have seen pax in there before for landing, I even asked a pilot couple weeks ago about this before and he stated that they usually have no problem provided that you don't talk to them during landing. I should have asked the Cap directly.

I'll try again on YEG - YVR since I have virtually nothing to do.. combined flying time for me is almost 6.5 hrs!!

All in all, an excellent flight... At least this crew is commited to giving their best effort for their customer.

Only low point of the flight is that I am on one of those UGLY CP/AC aircraft.
Old Mar 5, 2000, 3:28 pm

Well, I recently had my first AC level service CP flight as well, on YVR-BOS. Crew was pleasant, but there were undertones that they were not happy about the lower service levels. I.e. -- how much money can you save not giving pre-flight beverages and pre-landing candies? And do the FAs not have enough time to provide the service, 'cause they're in a hurry to get somewhere? Clearly, some of the changes are simply to prevent AC looking like an inferior product.

I'm sure they are saving money on the meal itself, however. I had the 'Kevlar' steak, retread veggies, and artificial potato. The only part of the meal that I completely consumed was the always excellent warm multi-grain rolls, complete with pre-pac butter, and the ice cream. Generally, a completely forgettable experience.

Can't wait to compare it to my FJ class meal on the return AA flight.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Had a last CP chefs conclave meal on the 29th between YEG and YYZ, enroute to South Africa on BA. It was a bit of a sad experience for those of us regulars, and a chat with the senior flight attendant confirmed they will miss the French service and other little touches. As a remembrance of this "last CP J-class meal" flight, I had the full crew sign the menu. Each came back with a nice little note in addition to their signatures. I will be curious to see how dinner will be next Monday when I take the return.

In the meantime, BA's F-class service was supurb, including a pre-flight meal in the YYZ lounge. Down here, I have been doing a couple of hops on BA's affiliate in J-class. Light snacks on every non-meal hour segment (sandwhiches, cheeses, etc.) and some interesting SA wines to sample. Also, access is available to the Terrace Lounges on both a pre- and post-flight basis. (I am currently doing a 3-hour connection in JBN between a BA/Comair and a SAA flight. (SAA will be commuter one on a Dash8 to Kimberley, and a Canadair Regional Jet return on Thursday. Nothing like flying in a Canadian built airplane.)

Just discovered KH's new moniker(s). I hope you're not building your anticipation about AA's inflight meals and service up too high...

Hope to do a rather extensive flight report on the BA trans-Atlantic First service in a few days.
Old Mar 7, 2000, 5:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Enjoy your trip Shareholder. SA is a fascinating country. Safe journeys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.