Wiki Posts
Search

trip to South America

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2000, 3:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

trip to South America

In my neverending quest for cheap business class tickets, I found that YYZ-MVD is about $1000 cheaper than ATLMVD.

My trip will be over the 1st 2 weeks in MARCH. CP's routing will be YYZ-GRU-EZE then change to Aerolineas or Pluna. That's fine with me.

My question is...will flights during March have CP's superlative service or AC's merely excellent service? (as opposed to AA/UA's good service). I flew CP in December YYZ-MXP and was really impressed.

As they are not competitive routes, I am certain that they'll operate pretty un-interruptedly
Also will I get my AAdvantage points/boni also?

JL
Old Feb 11, 2000, 4:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
You will get the excellent service (we hope).

As far as we have heard your points will still count for AA/oneworld but that may end in April.
Old Feb 11, 2000, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just remember -- I think it applies if you're American, I know it does for us Canadians -- that you need a visa issued from the Uruguayan Embassy before your trip, not at the arrival airport, to get into MVD. Have a good trip, and enjoy what remains of Cdn's superb inflight service. (I think they are committed to keep the international services at their current levels of catering, etc. And since Cdn is the known entity in South America, AC may not tinker too much on this last remaining route flown by Cdn.)

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 02-11-2000).]
Old Feb 14, 2000, 7:26 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Actually, no visa needed for USA citizens entering Uruguay...was down there in September. Neat place, more comfortable-feeling than Sao Paulo.

jl
Old Feb 16, 2000, 11:32 pm
MMM

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
That's true ...

enjoy the famous BBQ at the MErcado and if you have the means go north to Santa Teresa Nat. Park .. it's very nice !

MMM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.