Wiki Posts
Search

Airbus A320 YYZ-YYC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2000, 12:51 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Airbus A320 YYZ-YYC

I just confirmed my upgrade to J class for this Saturday's adventure from YGK-YYZ-YYC. I am seated in 4A on the A320 and I am wondering if anyone knows if Canadian has redone the interior of any A320s? The last redone plane I was on was a 763 back in late 1999. I really liked the new grey colour scheme and would enjoy seeing the A320 done up like this.

On a related note: I wonder if AC will continute with the interior renovations to CP aircraft, or if they will just let them keep the faded old blue/red seats and carpet! God forbid they begin putting ACs green seat fabric!
Old Feb 16, 2000, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
The redone A320s are sort of hit and miss on YYZ-YYC, although I flew on CP 973 a couple of weeks ago and it was redone (although those gooseneck reading lights are annoying!).

Have a great weekend in Cowtown.
Old Feb 16, 2000, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Not sure that I like the goose neck reading lights. On a couple of flights, I had a good fight trying to get the headrest to work. Also, on one, the reading light kept flickering on and off. Annoying.
Old Feb 16, 2000, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Sounds like the gooseneck lamps are more trouble than benefit. On the A320 I was on last Sunday (YVR-BOS) the lamps had been removed.
Old Feb 16, 2000, 6:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info. I'm not a big fan of the snakelights either. AC has them in J on the A330s and new A340s. I think they are just a bother, but then again I usually don't do too much work on the plane.

PointWeasel: Thanks for the good wishes! It's actually the whole week of skiing at Banff, Lake Lousie that I'm flying into YYC for! I have the serious need for powder, and nature has just been teasing me here in Kingston over the past few days. We've had nearly 40cm of powder snow, and no mountains to frolic on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.