oneworld: how much longer for CP?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2000, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
oneworld: how much longer for CP?

How long will CP stay in oneworld?

It sounds like with the new schedules, Miltoncorp is messing around with oneworld alliance partnerships (e.g. moving from YYZ T3 to T1/T2; messing schedules up so connections to oneworld partners' flights don't work, etc.)?

Going to Hong Kong in summer with relatives and will stick with CP/oneworld, but trying to decide whether to go with CP or CX on the YVR-HKG leg. Who's got the better Y cabin, meals, and service? (FewMiles & big family can't afford J, esp. with 3 young siblings.)

I think I also saw somewhere there's only one CP operated YEG-YVR flight too. Everything else is Miltoncorp.
Old Feb 11, 2000, 9:46 am
RAT

Go CP. CX Y is great service but seats too narrow. I'd take CP anyday or AC.... Comfort is more important to me.

On the other hand I'd fly J/F in CX Anyday!
Old Feb 11, 2000, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
I would still take AC over CX in J. The 340 is more comfortable than the main deck of the -400. The new J seats on AC are much better than CX (and the VOD is kinda fun). The service on CX is great, but not flexible enough. And frankly, for 12 hours I am more concerned with space and flexibility than I am with meal presentation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.