Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Year-end statements posted

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2000, 8:57 pm

Andrew Webber wrote:

AC could start awarding points for fare paid instead of class flown. Which would be a killer domestically. Particularly on my "B" fares which are 100% on CP and 50% on AC.
I'd appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me once and for all. Is is it only AC Elites/Superelites who get mileage based on class flown instead of fare paid? I have no status but recently go upgraded on a flight to YYZ. Mileage posted was just 50%, in accordance with the website which says:

The Aeroplan mileage you receive is calculated according to the routing on your ticket and the fare type for each flight.
If you are involuntarily re-routed, downgraded or upgraded, the miles you earn are based on the original ticket and fare you paid.
I volunteered to be bumped from this overbooked flight, and instead got upgraded (not complaining!). But, I'm wondering if I should've received 100% mileage for this flight.
Old Jan 30, 2000, 9:25 pm
Original Member

This would work better under the AC thread, but here goes:

Mileage earned on AC is based on fare paid unless upgraded with a certificate. For example, an Elite member on an L (deeply discounted) who is given an upgrade without certificate due to oversell of Y cabin will get only 50% of miles. Similarly, a basic member who is upgraded with certificate by an Elite friend will get 125% of miles. It all has to do with certificate/no certificate upgrade. In your situation, you are only entitled to 50% of miles.

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 30, 2000, 11:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Yup -- it's that voluntarily or involuntarily upgraded thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.