Should I book or wait??

Old Jan 25, 2000, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA AC DL
Should I book or wait??

I am planning my honeymoon for August, and am looking at going to Hawaii. The best prices that I could find are with CP. Should I book this now or wait to see what flights might be cancelled. I will be departing from YOW. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
Old Jan 25, 2000, 2:58 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

If you are getting a good price, you should book it now. It doesn't matter whether or not they cancel the flights because you will be protected by AC if they do cancel the flight. Also, you will probably be connecting through YYZ. The flight has a high loading which means it probably won't be cancelled. I think AC is more interested in CP's Asia routes as of right now.

Regards,
Empress
Old Jan 26, 2000, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA AC DL
Thanks, Empress.

The itinerary that I am looking at is YOW-YYZ-HNL with HNL-YVR-YOW return. I think I will book it, and hope for the best.

Steve
Old Jan 29, 2000, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Canadian Airlines determined to fly on...

Today's 'Financial Post' reports that:

"'Canadian Airlines will operate normally even if placed under bankruptcy protection to restructure its debt', says Kevin Benson, president and CEO.

"'The act of putting CAI under the CCAA does not affect our customers or employees. The airline will operate normally throughout any restructuring process', Mr. Benson said in a message to employees.

"The comments came after a warning to Canadian's creditors this week by Robert Milton, Air Canada's CEO, that Canadian may reorganize its finances under the Companies Creditors Arrangement Act."

Remember that Continental used the same device in the U.S. and kept flying as normal, and honouring its FF commitments, etc. (AC's already guaranteed this, so no need to panic.) So no real need to panic if this does happen. However, the newsstory (if we can believe anything rumoured by the media) continues with more positive indicators towards the end:

"'...I don't think any of these major creditors, if they are on side, would be uneasy. They want to see the airline succeed and they know a restructuring plan is the only way to make it succeed...'

"An official with another creditor expects the restructurng will be similar to the last two at Canadian. In those cases, fully secured and partially secured creditors accepted a three month moratorium while aircraft operating lessors missed ony a month and a half of payments."

Your seats will be safe any way things play out, not to mention your FF points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.