Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP still flying Shuttle routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2000, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
CP still flying Shuttle routes?

I am really getting tired of the inaccurate news stories published in the major dailies across the country relating to CP and AC - yesterday it was the story on "capacity realignment" changes with CP that raised my ire.

The Toronto Star reported last Friday (a story that was re-hashed yesterday by Canadian Press to the major dailies) that Air Canada aircraft had "taken over the Eastern and Western Shuttle routes"!!

This is not just bad press for CP but is a completely false statement! It makes me wonder where these reporters get their facts from. The YVR-YYC-YEG schedules are left virtually unaltered except for a few off-peak flights (same with AC) and the YYZ-YOW and YYZ-YUL routes have been just reduced in frequency, not "taken over".

This morning the Vancouver Sun printed a correction of the error on the front page of the Business Section, however, too little, too late, as the damage from the bad press had already been done due to the sloppy reporting of an Eastern reporter. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.