Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CPlus 5000 Points Promo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 1999, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
CPlus 5000 Points Promo

Just checking to see if any other Gold or Club members did NOT receive the current 5000 CPlus points promo which is:

3rd flight before Dec 31 3000 bonus
4th flight 1000 bonus
5th flight 1000 bonus

This was part of a really cheesy "postcard" type letter from CPlus marketing which all of my friends did get except for one Club member.
Old Nov 13, 1999, 2:41 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Well, I didn't get this as of today.. I am a GOLD and soon to be PLATINUM... Maybe I travel too much lately? (32 flight in 8 weeks)...

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 13, 1999, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I got my postcard back in September, I believe. I rang up my 5 flights in a few days and CP dutifully credited my account. This may have been directed to a select group to try to entice us to fly. BTW, I was CP Club then.
Old Nov 14, 1999, 8:03 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
I'm Platinum (though was Gold in September) and did not receive this promotion. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif
Old Nov 14, 1999, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess we'll never find out what the exact criteria is for this promotion. Too little activity in a certain period or too much? BTW, I think we'll make a call to CPlus to get this adjusted on my friend's account.
Old Nov 16, 1999, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Hi,

I received the "postcard" back in September. At that point, I had only ~4900 pts this year (sigh, can't even make Club) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif What can I say, I'm a grad student.

Since then, I've had AMS-LHR-YYZ-YEG (return leg only) and will later have YEG-ORD-DCA (both ways), so I'll get the 5000 bonus.

On a semi-related question, by Dec. 31 I have or will have flown on BA, CP, and AA operated flights, although they all had CP- flight numbers. Do I qualify for the 25k oneworld bonus? On top of the CP 5000 points promo? That would be a total of 30k bonus for just 8900 qualifying miles flown in this period!!
Old Nov 16, 1999, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

I think you may be out of luck on the 25k oneworld bonus due the codeshare aspect of your flights. If your bookings and boarding passes had the CP-designator on them then, in my personal experiences, I have been given mileage credit under the CP flight number. For example, SFO-YVR on CP 7057 is actually operated by AS as AS 689. When my credit shows up it is CP 7057 for 800 miles. The oneworld bonus only applies when you have booked and taken flights with one world member flight designators - CX, AY, AA, BA, QF and IB.

Does anyone know if I am 100% right on this?
Old Nov 19, 1999, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Almost. Any codeshare flights must also be on a oneworld partner aircraft (i.e. "metal"). The 5K mailing was also received by me in September as part of the million mile contest letter/post card.
Old Nov 20, 1999, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
I hope you're right, Shareholder. If so, then I am in luck, because I will have had flights on CP, BA, and AA aircraft. All right! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Nov 26, 1999, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Got gold throught the back door (fly 10,000 miles within a certain period) in June and didn;t get this card.

Flew one AA segment in Sept
4 CP segments in Oct/Nov and no credit.

Did fly AY and BA (will do AA and CX in December) and 25k miles showed up a day or two after the Ay flight appeared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.