Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Days for points to post

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 1999, 8:38 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

No points yet as of Friday night. Called CP again and they said wait til Monday before doing anything.

One possibility I thought of was that tomorrow might be the Statement date (historically its done on Sat.). Maybe it'll show up after the November statement is out. Well, let's cross our fingers.

Only time will tell...

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 20, 1999, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Well, I guess my thinking was wrong...no new statements, no points...as of Sat morning. I really don't know what's going on.

Has anyone got points yet or know what's going on?

I'll see what happens when I get to YVR later on this morning. (My flight from YYZ-YOW only had 16 total pax on board this morning, well it was a 7am flight).

Regards,
Empress

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 11-20-1999).]
Old Nov 20, 1999, 11:03 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
You think that you have a problem... I just checked my points balance and though the total is about right, there were no transactions since 27 Sept. I probably did 20 flights in that time. They were all there last weekend!

I hope that they are issuing new statements and just forgot to update the "current" section.
Old Nov 20, 1999, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Well....November 99 statements are out and points still not posted yet....

Anyone got points yet?? Andrew?

Not making EP soon means I will have to cancel my christmas travel plans to HK... Since this is just a leisure trip, I will not possibly pay $10000 for 2 J tickets, the only way is to use points to claim 2 seats since EP provides guarantee award seats...

Last time I talked to CP they said they will not accept faxes...I explain possible reason for my points missing due to checkin agent, they said I still have to mail it in which means they probably won't be in til next year if they are in fact missing. I am still hoping they have just not been posted yet since historically accounts will be updated Sunday most of the time.

Again, as I said before if I in fact have to cancel my travel plans because of CP or the agent's mistake... I will not hesitate to switch my business immediately. I don't believe it's right that I get penalize by CP's mistake of not posting points or the agent's mistake of messing up my file.
I have travelled 50K in last three months... spread that out over a year 180K - 200K which is probably what it will be next year.

I am still hoping everything will work out "very soon"...

I had a chat with a agent at YVR today upon my arrival... She told me that today's flight from YVR-ORD has only 23 passengers (A320).. Unbelievable...

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 21, 1999, 7:20 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
Empress my flights on Monday 15th have not yet posted, and I had no problems with checkin etc., on the flight, so perhaps the posting is just takeing longer, lets hope so for the sake of your proposed December trip.
Old Nov 21, 1999, 4:24 pm
ALW

Empress,

Still no sign of my 13/11 flights LAX-YVR, YVR-YYZ, YYZ-YOW, and my number was on the cards and there was no problem.

However, between Saturday morning (at YOW lounge) and Saturday evening (at my parents') my November statement was issued up to and including my 7/11 flights out (which were on the "current" screen).

As of 6:00pm (in YYZ lounge) my flights still aren't there but maybe on Monday they'll catch up. This was an unusual statement issuing since in the past, the points would disappear from "current" for about three days and then the statement would be issued. This time they were both out and in same-day. Which might also help explain why it took so long.

(My advice, just between us, is if you're mailing in the stubs, fax them too, and grovel for them to process based on the fax and your assertion the originals have been mailed -- can't hurt, right?)

Will post and email when I get my 13/11 flight credits.

andrew
Old Nov 21, 1999, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

If I don't get the points by the time I come back to the hotel from work tomorrow and return to YYZ tomorrow night, I am just going to call CPlus and ask to speak to a supervisor. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'm just going to send the **** boarding passes in and wait .... while I convince AC to comp me for SE.

(I guess that's what I should do AW..since they can't tell you they don't trust you, right?)

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 21, 1999, 7:57 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Don't worry, Empress. I think things should work out fine in the coming days. Beside, I believe CP will values your business as they always did in the past. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Nov 21, 1999, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO ANNOUNCE:

POINTS FOR NOV 13 HAS BEEN POSTED TO MY ACCOUNT!!

Just waiting for my Nov 16 return trip to be posted then everything will be in good shape!

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 22, 1999, 8:10 am
ALW

And my segments from 13/11 were just posted.

I flew YOW-YYZ-YOW on the weekend, and made a point of not getting my number on the tickets. So I'll mail one to CP and one to AA.

Stupidly I didn't think to use my $50 coupon from Holt Renfrew (there was no websaver this week so I paid $300 for the ticket -- I was tempted to go YOW-YYC-YYZ//YYZ-YYC-YOW on web specials (~$425 total) but decided my time is too valuable right now. Wimp.

andrew
Old Nov 23, 1999, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Seems like it's taking CP extraordinary long to post points these couple weeks.

I am going to call CP tomorrow to tell them that I want to be a EP by my next trip (probably this weekend). I do have sufficient Qmiles (86K).

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 23, 1999, 6:53 pm

but at least the 1w promtion miles post now instead of later (while there's still a service center!!!)
Old Nov 24, 1999, 1:44 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
My flights of the 15th had posted this morning. Though I have not got the "Fly to London" Bonus, I'll keep my eye on that one, don't want if forgoten.

Stewart.
Old Nov 24, 1999, 9:46 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I spoke with my contact at CPlus Operations in YVR yesterday afternoon and enquired about the delayed posting of credits (usually 3-4 days and recently 10 days). She indicated that the programmers were aware of the delays and were working on it as well as programming for some newly added oneworld point promos. The statement cutoff for everyone on Nov 20 added a few extra days to these programming delays and everything should be back on track by month-end.

The big credits I seem to always wait forever for are the 1000 point "Thank You for Using Amex" - when you charge your CP ticket to your Amex. They take almost 2 months to appear! Not that I am complaining about an amazing offer though...

[This message has been edited by PointWeasel (edited 11-24-1999).]
Old Nov 24, 1999, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to CPlus, All my points up to Nov 23 has been credited!

I am now officially an Executive Platinum!! Can't wait to get all the benefits...
Finally can get this worry off my mind and get a good night sleep. :>

Regards,
Empress

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 11-24-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.