Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing Meals from new Schedule

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 1999, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Disappearing Meals from new Schedule

I am not the biggest fan of the "picnic in the sky" lunch basket that has become the meal standard on the Western Shuttle routes, but when I upgrade I have always experienced great CP BC service to YYC or YEG (even with CP Regional to YXS on the F28s), however, in the past two weeks someone in operations or scheduling has gone ahead and deleted meals on two of the flights I take most often. In the new schedule (eff Nov 99) both CP 644 and 651 have meal service but last week there was almost a riot on board (I just sat there quietly and mulled over the content of my letter to CP Customer Relations). No meal was served at all on CP 644 at 9 am or CP 651 at 5 pm. Does anyone know what's going on? The FA's had no clue and were apologizing left and right to FF's who expected more.
Old Nov 15, 1999, 10:53 am

Following the footsteps of its oneworld parent, AA... LAX-YVR has also downgraded to snack on Y class for most flights. Anyway, those lunch baskets are scary. Maybe the bistro bags will arrive soon...

Please write to CP and hopefully it will fix it... I did the same to UA and they sent me upgrade coupons...

Carfield
Old Nov 15, 1999, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I agree. The meals are going the way of the AA meals. Breakfast is still good, but lunch is terrible: a sandwich and water - just like a prison meal. Dinner is still ok, but the desert is now packaged. I think that if CP thinks that they are saving $ by cutting back meals, they are making a mistake. I think that an extra $1 or two on meals can make the difference deciding whether to fly CP or that other airline!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.