Onex withdraws

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 1999, 3:04 pm
ALW
Original Poster

Onex withdraws

Onex walks away from airlines
WebPosted Fri Nov 5 17:00:47 1999

MONTREAL - Onex CEO Gerry Schwartz is walking away from his bid to buy and merge Air Canada and Canadian Airlines in the wake of a Quebec judge's ruling that the offer violates the law that limits ownership in Air Canada by a single shareholder to 10 per cent

http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view...decision991105

andrew
Old Nov 5, 1999, 5:33 pm

Has Onex already shut down its web site (www.airco.ca) for its CP-AC merger plan? It seems I can no longer access it. I wonder what will happen to CP.
Old Nov 5, 1999, 6:26 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Seems like the website is closed. Well, I guess CP has to consider AC's offer now or wish that someone from OneWorld is going to save them.

It's a good thing in a way since CP will now be able to remain as an independent company.

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 6, 1999, 2:37 am
Original Member

If AC takes over CP then, short of government intervention, I suspect CP will not exist in 12 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.