Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Reload this Page >

Empress Lounges (Which are Canadian's)

Old Oct 22, 1999, 6:10 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

A problem arose for my mother using Empress lounge passes at Hong Kong airport this week. They said it was a shared facility and was the only "Canadian Airlines Empress Lounge" that you could not use the passes for.

I understand when it is an official AA or QF or BA lounge the agents not wanting to accept an Empress Lounge Pass but when it is a designated Empress Lounge, it seems that the pass should be accepted?

Anyone else had any experience with Empress Lounges that are shared facilities. Are the only real Empress lounges in Canada or is there one at LHR--are there any others?
Old Oct 22, 1999, 6:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I see there is none listed for London but there is one for Bangkok (is that a shared facility like Hong Kong?)
Old Oct 22, 1999, 9:04 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Yes, it is shared with JAL.

Regards,
Empress
Old Oct 22, 1999, 9:12 am

Empress Lounge in LHR is the KLM lounge, in which only Empress Lounge members (me) and pass holders (friend of mine) have to endure. Business Class and Gold/Platinum members can use the BA lounges.

The KLM lounge is raggedy, and is the first lounge that I've been to without a toilet. The nearest toilet was 5 minutes walk away, down 4 flights of stairs. What a pain. And it wasn't anywhere near the CP Toronto bound gate, but close to the CP Calgary bound gate.

Last time I was in Hong Kong, the Empress Lounge was the JAL Business Class lounge. This was prior to CX entering Oneworld. Has this changed ?
Old Oct 22, 1999, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Yes, the Empress Lounge is the JAL Sakura Lounge in HKG.

Gold and Exec Plat members can use the larger CX lounges. But because Canadian's aircrafts are usually parked near Gate 44, it is a very long trek even from the underground train stop (until CLK authorities fix the new travellators). The Sakura Lounge is located within a stone's throw of the gate.

Bangkok's lounge is it's own.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.