Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Y class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 1999, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

CP Y class

I am new to the board... I have a quick question regarding Canadian's Y class food. I flew CP's C class between LAX and YVR once. I also flew CP between YVR and HKG a couple times.

I heard from other people that CP used real china on Y class. Is this true? Once, a Hong Kong magazine showed a presumbly Y class meal from Canadian with a dessert, a salad, an entree, and a roll... all in real china.

I may need to fly between DFW and YYZ, and between DFW and YVR soon in Y class. Any opinion on what type of Y class meal does CP serve. Will I see AA's "doggie bag" lunch or dinner or UA's "snackbox" on those so-called lunch or dinner flight?

I will appreciate if you can give me any information...
Old Oct 18, 1999, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Welcome aboard.

The food on Canadian airlines is better than that on American, without a doubt, but the two standards are converging. IMHO, I think that even in Y class (economy), the food is as good as business class on American. Canadian does NOT use china in economy, only in business class.

Even the box lunches on Canadian are not bad, in general. In the recent past, we used to get a cooked lunch, but since American bought into the airline, the standards have been dropping. Fortunately, we still get a cooked breakfast, not much variety, but it is hot and tasty.

By the way, you do not have to pay for your headsets.
Old Oct 18, 1999, 8:30 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
They only use china on economy for some meals of the flight, but not all of them. For example, their breakfast and dinner was served on china month ago when I flew with them back from HKG. IMHO, food was fine for an economy class' standard. BTW, don't know whether they still offer it or not, but their orange cake was REALLY delicious. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Oct 19, 1999, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
On international routes, the casserole dish and the cup are china. The rest are plastic.

On long haul Asian routes, the snack offered by Canadian are Char Siew Pow (Pork buns) and Cup-O-Noodles ! Yum !

Main meals sometime include Lotus Leaf wrapped Chicken Rice....it's even better than Cathay Pacific !

I guess you'd have to like asian cuisine!
Old Oct 19, 1999, 2:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Celestar340, you're right, the Cup-O-Noodles was very yummy! (Too bad I forgot to ask for more http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif)

Oh btw, I got to eat Lotus Leaf wrapped Chicken Rice few years ago with CP from HKG-YVR. It was one another great meal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.