International Web Specials are back!

Old Oct 6, 1999, 1:58 pm
Ty
Original Poster

International Web Specials are back!

I was just checking this weeks web specials on the Canadian website and was surprised (pleasantly) to find that they have started listing international web specials again (this week yow-lhr and yyz-lhr).

-Ty
Old Oct 6, 1999, 3:45 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

However, there is a 7 day stay min. stay restriction which defeats the whole purposee of weekend specials.

I remember there used to be no restriction on minimum stays which mean you can fly YYZ-LHR on weekends for 299 and get 8000 points.

However, someone, I believe it was Ken wrote to CP and found out there are some sort of government regulations governing this kind of fare.

Still think AC has a lot more choice on web specials fare.

Regards,
Empress

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 10-06-1999).]
Old Oct 9, 1999, 7:40 am

i think it was more a goverment favoritism for AC that eliminated those fares. i went to sao paolo one of of those from yyz. it was great!
Old Oct 10, 1999, 11:09 am
Original Member

The official response was that "published fares" must be filed with the government at least 45 days in advance. AC got around this by only e-mailing the International WebSaver to people who had signed up for it. This way it was considered a private, "un-published" fare. CP's problem was that they were publically publishing them on the internet, where anyone could see and access them, hence, they were "published."

Regards,

Ken Hamer
Old Oct 10, 1999, 11:16 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Shouldn't CP consider doing the same thing by emailing members instead of posting on internet?

Regards,
Empress
Old Oct 11, 1999, 3:36 am
Original Member

Ya got my vote!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.