Wiki Posts
Search

MATCHING AC'S SALE??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 1999, 12:06 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

MATCHING AC'S SALE??

I am wondering whether CP is planning to matching AC's seatsale for weekend travel with rules similar to the web specials except requiring 3 day advance purchase which is not a good thing because one cannot make there are space for upgrade before paying for it. Plus, the fare is about 100 higher than a normal web special fare.

Regards,
Empress
Old Sep 28, 1999, 6:24 pm
Ty

It looks like CP is matching the fares. There doesn't seem to be any mention to it on their website but when I was checking YWG-YOW earlier today on travelocity both AC and CP had it available for $219.00 same rules (Three day advance purchase, depart Saturday, return Monday or Tuesday).

It's a useful fare for me, as CP never has YWG-YOW on Websaver (because it requires a connection).

Regards,
-Ty
Old Oct 2, 1999, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I see that Canadian is keeping up with the Jones. I hope that they survive this crisis. Their aircraft may not be as modern as their competitor's but IMHO their crew provides better service.
Old Oct 6, 1999, 12:58 pm
ALW

I was looking at YOW-YYZ for this weekend (out Saturday evening, back Monday morning) and was only offered $600+ "B" fares.

It figures that I finally have a use for a CP websaver and it isn't offered! http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

andrew
Old Oct 6, 1999, 1:26 pm
Ty

Andrew, $600+ seems a bit high where were you searching for prices??

Using travelocity's best fare finder I was quoted $164CAD ($186.18 w/taxes).
The flights I used to construct the fare were:
yow-yyz cp1587 sat oct 9 6:30p-7:39p
yyz-yow cp800 mon oct 11 7:00a-7:56a

The fare code was "NGETAWAY", the rules were basically leave on Sat. return Mon or Tue, must be booked 3 days in advance (so you'll have to book today!), non refundable etc... -- I also just tried with CP's online reservations and when I chose these fights I was also quoted the "NGETAWAY" fare

Have a good trip...

-Ty
Old Oct 6, 1999, 1:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
These are a little different than other weekend fares in that you have to leave on Saturday, not on Friday night like most have been to date. AC's were the same.
Old Oct 6, 1999, 10:16 pm
ALW

Thanks, Ty. I was looking on CP's site and the only fare shown was "BSHUTTLE". Of course now it's Thursday and it's too late for the 3-day thing.

I find the CP reservations site particularly useless. It offers up all the flights (well, most, it still doesn't offer the ~830am departure out of YOW connecting in YVR to LAX). But it won't even tell you if seats are available on a given flight until you pick flights for your entire itinerary.

Maybe I'll fly on AC on points (but first I'll phone CP and double-check.

andrew
Old Oct 6, 1999, 10:57 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

I booked the getaways fare from YYZ - YVR this weekend, I purposely connect through Calgary to get more points and better chances of upgrade because flight from YYZ - YYC are only 20 - 30% full in J class while direct flight from YYZ - YVR is quite full this long weekend. Although this fare is more expensive than the websaver fare, it is still consider a bargain. However, one advantage of web specials is that you can wait til Friday to book it to make sure all the selected flights have upgrade.

Regards,
Empress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.