Search

Papaete to Easter Island

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 1999, 5:33 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Papaete to Easter Island

Hi all

For some time I have had a desire to go to Easter Island - I suppose it all started with the "In Search Of" series narrated by Leonard Nimoy.

At the same time I have pondered what would be the best way to get there from Melbourne Australia as the return tickets are very pricey (around $1700 Australian).

One can fly either Qantas or Air New Zealand to Papaete and then Lanchile fly Papaete to Easter Island then to Santiago.

I have noted that I can exchange 20,000 Mileage Plus miles for a Air New Zealand ticket from Auckland to Tahiti which is a real bargain. And I can buy a discounted ticket on various carriers to get Melbourne to Auckland for about $400 Australian or alternatively sacrifice 20,000 miles on various FF programs or 30,000 points on Ansett Global Rewards.

This has just left me with the Tahiti to Easter Island leg. I decided to compare Lan Chile's Partners with Lan chile and the comparison is interesting reading.

LANCHILE

Tahiti to EI 40,000 points
EI to Chile 60,000 points
Tahiti to Chile 100,000 points

QANTAS

Tahiti to EI ???
EI to Chile 60,000 points
Tahiti to Chile 100,000 points

AMERICAN

Tahiti to EI ???
EI to Chile 35,000 miles
Tahiti to Chile 100,000 miles

CANADIAN

Tahiti to EI 25,000 points !!!
EI to Chile 35,000 points
Tahiti to Chile 60,000 points

As you can see Canadian's 25,000 points compares every favourably with the other FF programs. This is exeptional value.

I must admit though to being somewhat curious as to the number of American miles needed to fly Tahiti to EI.

cheers Peter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.