Online/Virtual Ticket Bonus

Old Apr 4, 1999, 7:30 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Online/Virtual Ticket Bonus

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with CP's online booking and virtual ticket bonuses.

Specifically, have you had any problems with mixing CP with non CP flights on the same itinerary (i.e problems getting the bonus or in changing plans mid-itinerary)?

I am planning on mixing AC and CP flights on one trip but I want my booking and virtual ticket bonus.
Old Apr 4, 1999, 2:41 pm
Original Member

You bet!

But the "mixing" was with AA, so I'm not sure if it counts. All I did was make the online reservation. Then I had our TA make some changes, and ticket it. (No virtual ticket bonus, of course.) Changed the return flight origin (i.e. changed it to an open jaw) mid-trip, and still got the 500 points. As they are posted within a day or two of the first segment, once you take off, the points are yours.

The CP online reservations system will let you book other airlines, but if there is CP space available on the segment, you may have to page through all the CP (and AA) flights before you get to the other airlines.

I have also received the virtual ticket bonus, for personal flights. (Company policy required business trips be ticketed by our TA.) I also make these reservations on-line. After I make the reservation and e-ticketing, I call up and request a sticker upgrade. Both types of bonuses appeared on my on-line statement real quick.

Regards,

Ken Hamer

[This message has been edited by KenHamer (edited 04-04-99).]
Old Apr 4, 1999, 4:51 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.