Sobeys to replace Club Sobeys card with Air Miles in select markets

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Sobeys to replace Club Sobeys card with Air Miles in select markets

http://globalnews.ca/news/1444387/so...ith-air-miles/

CALGARY- Following their purchase of Safeway stores, the Sobeys grocery chain is also overhauling their rewards program in select markets.

Starting in the fall, Sobeys will phase out the Club Sobeys card and replace it with Air Miles. Currently, many Safeway stores use the popular Air Miles program.

-----------

The Air Miles program is already in place at Sobeys stores in Atlantic Canada. It will soon be introduced in locations in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by tcook052
http://globalnews.ca/news/1444387/so...ith-air-miles/

CALGARY- Following their purchase of Safeway stores, the Sobeys grocery chain is also overhauling their rewards program in select markets.

Starting in the fall, Sobeys will phase out the Club Sobeys card and replace it with Air Miles. Currently, many Safeway stores use the popular Air Miles program.

-----------

The Air Miles program is already in place at Sobeys stores in Atlantic Canada. It will soon be introduced in locations in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
No love for Ontario!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Originally Posted by tentseller
No love for Ontario!
Heh, the rest of the provinces get changed over first as "practice" to work out the transition kinks before Ontario.

So now I will get a trickle more Airmiles instead of Aeroplan points from my infrequent Sobeys visits, in addition to my more frequent Safeway purchases
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by tentseller
No love for Ontario!
Could it be because Metro is currently the Air Miles provider in Ontario?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Too bad to lose a source for Aeroplan points, although the lucrative bonuses have been gone for a while... there was a time up to about a year ago when I could routinely hit 800-1100 AEs with a regular $100-$120 spend, but I'm lucky if I can get 400 anymore these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.