Avion to BA - 50% bonus points Nov 19 - Dec 30, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avion to BA - 50% bonus points Nov 19 - Dec 30, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
Although I've never tried it, the people on the BA board claim you can upgrade one-way on a return ticket for 12½K by intentionally selecting flights without any upgrade availability in one direction. Presumably you'd have to book the tickets online in WT+ and then phone BA to do the upgrade.
Unless something has recently changed, only flights booked directly from BA are eligible for the miles for upgrade (MFU) scheme... something to keep in mind.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Hogtowner
This is a great promotion, one that I will be taking advantage of for third year in a row.

This past summer my wife and 2 kids and I flew BA in J to LHR. Getting 4 tickets together 6 months out wasn't a problem. And I only needed a spend of $266K on my Avion Visa to get it. An average of 66,666 per ticket. Not too shabby.
I am using this promotion for the second year in a row. This Jan. (for May travel) I booked YVR to MAD on points and had to pay $266.45 in taxes, which is fairly steep, I think, but the taxes with AP are just as bad.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:44 pm
ALW

only flights booked directly from BA are eligible for the miles for upgrade (MFU) scheme
I've never done it, but BA told me that some travel agents are authorized to do it too. Of course the one I was forced to use, wasn't.

=aw
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
FWIW, the BA EC website fairly user friendly for booking tix with UG's. ^
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:18 pm

Take off with 50% bonus BA Miles; Avion to BAEC promo returns

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...0/public/en_ca

Terms and conditions:
This offer is only valid from March 1 through April 30, 2007. This offer is only available to Canadian residents with a British Airways Executive Club membership having a registered Canadian address. A minimum transfer of 10,000 RBC Rewards points to BA Miles is required. Please allow at least two weeks for your points to transfer. All claims of entitlement to BA Miles for RBC Rewards points transferred during the promotional period must be made by October 31, 2007. Redemption award space is subject to availability, is capacity controlled and is booked in a special class of service. As such, it may not be available on the flight or day you choose to travel. Full terms and conditions of Executive Club apply.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:34 pm

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
[QUOTE/] All claims of entitlement to BA Miles for RBC Rewards points transferred during the promotional period must be made by October 31, 2007. [/QUOTE]

What does this mean? does it mean you have to use the points transferred by Oct 31st or, If you have any problems with the transfer you must make a claim by October 31st?

Any clarification would be appreciated.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by AftOf245
All claims of entitlement to BA Miles for RBC Rewards points transferred during the promotional period must be made by October 31, 2007.

What does this mean? does it mean you have to use the points transferred by Oct 31st or, If you have any problems with the transfer you must make a claim by October 31st?

Any clarification would be appreciated.
From post # 37, previous page

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Ignore this. It was explained last year that you have to make sure the miles have appeared in your BA account by then or you are SOL. Bizarre wording though.
It is a bit of a fine print oddity BA seems to like to use, but I wouldn't sweat it if you were thinking of making a transfer to get the bonus.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:17 am

I was a bit worried about a similar wording when it appeared last year in the fall, but had no problem booking a flight way after the date mentioned.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Elli
I was a bit worried about a similar wording when it appeared last year in the fall, but had no problem booking a flight way after the date mentioned.
The latest bonus transfer promo is, I'm fairly sure, the first time it's been offered any other time than the fall as you mentioned. Perhaps if you charged lots of cars, hotels, flights and other travel expenses since Oct/Nov/Dec you'd easily have the 10K minimum but I don't come anywhere that close so will have to hope they offer the same fall promo again in '07.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by tcook052
The latest bonus transfer promo is, I'm fairly sure, the first time it's been offered any other time than the fall as you mentioned. Perhaps if you charged lots of cars, hotels, flights and other travel expenses since Oct/Nov/Dec you'd easily have the 10K minimum but I don't come anywhere that close so will have to hope they offer the same fall promo again in '07.
How easy is it to get Business Class seats for two from YYZ to LHR using BA points?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
How easy is it to get Business Class seats for two from YYZ to LHR using BA points?
Unknown, sorry.

I don't know if you've heard about the promo but BA EC has a MFU (Miles For Upgrade) offer that's a very good deal; you buy WT+, which is BA's E+ if not a little better, spend 25K points RT and get UG to Club World. There's much more about the promo on the stickies at top of the FT BA forum if you're interested.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:08 am

Should be quite easy if you book a bit in advance. They are way more generous than AC.

For example, in March, outbound is available 3-5, 12, 13, 17, 18-22, 24-28 and return is available 6-10, 13-15, 20-26 and 28. So much better than AC!

And amazingly enough... the cost for this is C$1105 + 25000 points -> Club World. Or for C$5167 and 50000 points you can upgrade from Club to First....

Last edited by okazon69; Feb 22, 2007 at 1:14 pm Reason: Added availability example for March 07
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:14 pm

Let me know the dates you are interested in. I think I have enough miles to check for at least one seat in Bus. Class.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
I just checked my Avion points, and I do have over 10,000 since we've had some hefty expenses since Dec. I will transfer them in April just in case they don't offer the 50% bonus in the fall.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Elli
I just checked my Avion points, and I do have over 10,000 since we've had some hefty expenses since Dec. I will transfer them in April just in case they don't offer the 50% bonus in the fall.
Good for you. Nothing wrong with good timing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.