Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why is Edmonton such a hotel black hole?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is Edmonton such a hotel black hole?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2004, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by why fly:
OK no need to slight the place and compare it to Winnipeg

</font>
Old Mar 12, 2004, 10:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> OK no need to slight the place and compare it to Winnipeg </font>
Okay, how about Regina then?

Old Mar 12, 2004, 10:46 pm

Posted by KH-
"Actually it's only a "pretend" Starwood property, that offers imaginary SPG benefits."
-----------------------------------------
Don't complain KH-- the wWestin made it to the Best of Starwood list!!! When I asked the lurker how it got there since it provides no benefits to the Platinum's I was politely directed to some other person. I am seriously considering staying at the HGI on the rest of my visits this year. I agree with the general idea that YEG lacks good hotel choices. YYC-- though only a bit bigger has far superior choices.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
I understand that you are looking for a chain hotel. If not, try Canterra Suites hotel - full kitchen, fireplace, marble tile, berber carpet, 1-2 bedrooms, high speed internet complimentary in-room, terry cloth robes etc. A nice place on Jasper Avenue & 112 St.

Cheers !

------------------
Old Mar 13, 2004, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dogstar:
Okay, how about Regina then?

</font>

Au contraire. The Hotel Saskatchewan (Radisson) was an outstanding stay for me.

Simon
Old Mar 14, 2004, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Why don't you stay at the Fairmont Hotel MacDonald? Its grandeur, location, and river valley view are unbeatable. Sutton Place hotel has much better service than the Westin IMO.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 9:32 am

I've stayed out of this because I've never stayed at a hotel in YEG as I far prefer chez moi!
Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:22 am

How much do you charge?
Old Mar 14, 2004, 12:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">How much do you charge?</font>
And do we get points?

Old Mar 14, 2004, 11:15 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
The hotel of choice for Alberta Learning conferences. (serieusement)

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by acysb87:
[B]You are all forgetting the one and only "Fantasy Land Hotel" </font>
Old Mar 15, 2004, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YYCOllie:
[b]The hotel of choice for Alberta Learning conferences. (serieusement)

Originally posted by acysb87:
You are all forgetting the one and only "Fantasy Land Hotel" </font>

Oh, not just Alberta Learning
Old Apr 24, 2004, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fermat
I know it's always been lousy with airline service, but geez... try and find a hotel in town that belongs to one of the major chains

Starwood - only the Westin
Marriott - nil
Hilton - only a Garden Inn on the outskirts
Hyatt - nope
Radisson - nope
Wyndham - na da
Just saw a small ad in Vue, the local free distribution entertainment publication that the Thornton Court Hotel will soon be a Courtyard by Marriott. Don't know anything else about this but thought I'd share what I know.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Yeah, I'd heard something the same in March (see post#3 of this thread), although I hadn't heard it was going to be a CY branded property.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess you kind of had the scoop. I didn't re-read the thread when I posted today.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:42 pm
exAC

Is the Thorton Court any good??? I have never been inside the lobby to know, but I was wondering if you would reccommend it to friends or just to in-laws.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.