Wiki Posts
Search

Transit visa flying air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, FB plat, BA silver, Hilton diamond, IHG diamond
Transit visa flying air Canada

Sorry to post this here but battling to get through to anyone at immigration or air Canada. South African passport holder with permanent residence status in U.K. I’m flying with AC DUB-YYZ-SFO with only 4-5 hour layover in transit at Toronto. I have a current b1/b2 visa for the USA. Applied for transit visa 5 weeks ago but no response yet and flight is this weekend. Any idea if I can transit the airport based on the USA visa. Many thanks
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I'm fairly certain you'll need a transit visa, because it doesn't seem like you meet the requirements for TWOV.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Since this isn't an AC question, I'm moving it to the Canada forum where it belongs.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Malibu369
Sorry to post this here but battling to get through to anyone at immigration or air Canada. South African passport holder with permanent residence status in U.K. I’m flying with AC DUB-YYZ-SFO with only 4-5 hour layover in transit at Toronto. I have a current b1/b2 visa for the USA. Applied for transit visa 5 weeks ago but no response yet and flight is this weekend. Any idea if I can transit the airport based on the USA visa. Many thanks
You can check the entry requirements using TimaticWeb.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Malibu369
You can try to use this Canadian government link to see what Canada allows:

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Unfortunately, South Africa isn't on the following Canadian list for TWOV en route to the US:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 5, 2022 at 4:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.