Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YVR Connections Guide 2022 onward

YVR Connections Guide 2022 onward

Old May 9, 2024, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by cedric
Reports are that the Int'l MLL does not permit access to guests travelling on a transborder ticket.
YVR - ORD departs from a transborder gate.
Skyteam does.
But I don't think DL serves this route
Old May 9, 2024, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
Skyteam does.
But I don't think DL serves this route
My access to Skyteam Lounge is via Priority Pass. I'll give it a shot.
Old May 17, 2024, 10:20 pm

Update.

The Domestic - International - US connection path is now open 6am to 10pm.

I was able to access the Skyteam lounge (via Priority Pass) as I went through the International area. I don't think my boarding pass scanned, but the agent let me in anyway. YMMV.

I also tried my luck at the Domestic Plaza Premium lounge prior to heading over to the International gates. The agent did mention that my BP was for a US flight, but when I mentioned that I was aware that the Transborder lounge closed well before my flight, I was allowed in. This may be another YMMV scenario.

There's a whole bank of flights leaving around 11pm to transborder destinations, so this may be of use to those of you connecting through YVR on those flights. AC lounges will make you use the lounge corresponding to your departure flight but it seems that there's some wiggle room for the Priority Pass lounges.

Just don't get stuck in the Int'l section after the US path closes at 10pm as it will be difficult to get out.
Old May 20, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K
Update.

The Domestic - International - US connection path is now open 6am to 10pm.

I was able to access the Skyteam lounge (via Priority Pass) as I went through the International area. I don't think my boarding pass scanned, but the agent let me in anyway. YMMV.

I also tried my luck at the Domestic Plaza Premium lounge prior to heading over to the International gates. The agent did mention that my BP was for a US flight, but when I mentioned that I was aware that the Transborder lounge closed well before my flight, I was allowed in. This may be another YMMV scenario.

There's a whole bank of flights leaving around 11pm to transborder destinations, so this may be of use to those of you connecting through YVR on those flights. AC lounges will make you use the lounge corresponding to your departure flight but it seems that there's some wiggle room for the Priority Pass lounges.

Just don't get stuck in the Int'l section after the US path closes at 10pm as it will be difficult to get out.
So a SYD-VYR flight landing at 6:55AM, with a TB connection on to ORD 1 hour and 20 minutes later SHOULD work yes?
Old May 20, 2024, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by doug_999
So a SYD-VYR flight landing at 6:55AM, with a TB connection on to ORD 1 hour and 20 minutes later SHOULD work yes?
No. The only way you can access the Int'l gates on the way to a US connection is if connecting from a domestic flight. There is a Plaza Premium lounge in the transborder area that will be open at that time.
Old May 20, 2024, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
No. The only way you can access the Int'l gates on the way to a US connection is if connecting from a domestic flight. There is a Plaza Premium lounge in the transborder area that will be open at that time.
I'm not thinking lounge, I'm wondering if 1 hour and 20 minutes is enough time to connect via YVR to ORD from SYD. If I remember correctly, there is a separate TB security/passport area and I think it goes pretty quick - I just don't know if 1:20 is enough time (even though AC says it is).
Old May 21, 2024, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by doug_999
I'm not thinking lounge, I'm wondering if 1 hour and 20 minutes is enough time to connect via YVR to ORD from SYD. If I remember correctly, there is a separate TB security/passport area and I think it goes pretty quick - I just don't know if 1:20 is enough time (even though AC says it is).
If your first flight arrives on time, 1 hours and 20 minutes should be enough time, yes. Make sure you follow the relevant connection signs and not the crowd as it's a different path.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 2:19 am

YVR-NRT - Separate tickets

Hello,
We are travelling from YUL-YVR (Westjet) and from YVR-NRT with Japan Airlines.
3/4 were booked on one ticket. However one of our companion decided to book last minute and is on 2 separate tickets. Booked with Wesjet and Japan Airlines ( it costed $1k less, & this flight is no longer available with Westjet even after contacting their CS).
We will have 3hrs hours layover. Landing @ 11:00 and the next flight will be at 14:04h…
Question: She will check in online with Westjet from YUL to YVR and I think JAL will allow online check-in, 24hrs before the flight…? In case she wont be able to get her BP (for documentation verification) - can she just go to INTL departure with us and ask the Gate Agent to print it for her? She will not have a check in luggage only a carry.
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 23, 2024, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by Vino514
Question: She will check in online with Westjet from YUL to YVR and I think JAL will allow online check-in, 24hrs before the flight…? In case she wont be able to get her BP (for documentation verification) - can she just go to INTL departure with us and ask the Gate Agent to print it for her? She will not have a check in luggage only a carry.
Pretty sure you need a valid BP to get between D and I. Even with an hour's delay (and checked bags), she should have enough time to go landside and check in.
Old Jul 3, 2024, 5:49 pm

Questions on the process of US-YVR-International connections

US citizen. Us-inbound flight arriving at YVR E or B gates (from flightaware) around 11am, followed by an international flight at 13:45pm.

1. I won't have the outgoing boarding pass and have to pick it up at the D gate. The previous thread mentioned that it's ok to show the itinerary. Is this still the case?
2. I understand that I have to follow the "International Connections" sign and go through CBSA. However, it seems that there is an additional security after CBSA, according to the terminal maps. Do I have to go through the security check or the One Stop Security program will work here?
3. Would the process be different if I arrived at E or B gates?

Thanks for your help.

Old Jul 6, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Has anyone done a self transfer before from INTL to US via YVR? Inbound to YVR is on Condor, outbound is on United. I don’t have any checked bags, so I’d like to use TB connections, but I’m not sure if Condor is an “eligible airline”, or if that only matters if you have checked bags that need to be forwarded.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by KevinL
US citizen. Us-inbound flight arriving at YVR E or B gates (from flightaware) around 11am, followed by an international flight at 13:45pm.
2. I understand that I have to follow the "International Connections" sign and go through CBSA. However, it seems that there is an additional security after CBSA, according to the terminal maps. Do I have to go through the security check or the One Stop Security program will work here?
3. Would the process be different if I arrived at E or B gates?
AFAIK, D & E feed into one stream that meets up at connections/descent into immigration and customs. May be able to avoid further security. Just keep the BP for the inbound flight handy.

A, B & C gates are domestic so no passport checks on arrival/transit. Not sure where the inbound U.S. flight would be coming from to use B gates.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
AFAIK, D & E feed into one stream that meets up at connections/descent into immigration and customs. May be able to avoid further security. Just keep the BP for the inbound flight handy.

A, B & C gates are domestic so no passport checks on arrival/transit. Not sure where the inbound U.S. flight would be coming from to use B gates.
Last month when getting off at B15, I did see a signage and pathway (closed off behind a door) directing international arrivals to a different exit right before walking through a door and then the gate agent podiums. Potentially used only when a plane is arriving from an international destination then operating a domestic flight
YVR Cockroach likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.