Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YYC or YYZ for connecting flight to the US?

Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet

Hi there,

I am trying to decide which airport will be the least stressful for a connecting flight to MCO from YVR. We will be flying Westjet, but there are no direct flights to MCO for our dates, so our choices are to connect through YYC or YYZ. We all have Nexus.

Also, I will be flying with my autistic kids. If there are any disability accommodations or programs that would make it easier, that would also be great to know

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:24 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk!

YVR Autism Resources
YYZ Magnus Cards (I believe they're similar to Social Stories - but they require an app so I haven't actually looked at them)

YVR, YYZ and MCO (but not YYC) are all Sunflower Lanyard participating airports. You can pick up lanyards and/or a sticker at check-in. I should note that not everyone is familiar with it, since it's pretty new in North America.

YVR also has an autism access sticker that provides expedited security screening, but given you already have NEXUS that would be moot.

I'd recommend that if possible, that each of your kids has and brings a fully charged noise cancelling headphone since airplanes are quite noisy, which along with potentially cramped seats, can pose some sensory challenges. In the event you're looking at standard economy seats, I would consider a routing that involves a 787 rather than a 737 if possible, as the former provides a better ride and, at least in my experience, is not as loud.

I hope this helps!
bambinomartino likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.