Federal vaccine mandate for air travel suspended effective June 20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gov...ates-1.6487585

Nice to see the Federal government albeit slowly lifting restrictions so Canadians can enjoy ....well being Canadian

Funny how they simply do not want to let go and have only suspended this like the random testing, holding these divisive mandates over us and ready to put them in place when they panic again.

The good news is there will be more Canadian allowed to travel and exercise their constitutional right to mobility, visit family and friends and explore our great nation or the world

More companies can hire Canadians, increase employment, allow Canadian to earn a living and be productive members of our society

Yes I did use a specific tone with my message, but all of it is true

Now we wait for the masks to come off - Yes I know some are already freaking out that un vax Canadian will now be traveling with us (ps many are already)
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Now we wait for the masks to come off - Yes I know some are already freaking out that un vax Canadian will now be traveling with us (ps many are already)
I wouldn't count on that happening any time remotely soon, though.

Though it will be nice not o be admonished by some FAs for not having finished my beer at the same time as by dinner, and ruely told to hurry up so I can put my mask back on. They'll have to go back to being rude about other things instead.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by D404
I wouldn't count on that happening any time remotely soon, though.

Though it will be nice not o be admonished by some FAs for not having finished my beer at the same time as by dinner, and ruely told to hurry up so I can put my mask back on. They'll have to go back to being rude about other things instead.
I've never had an issue with that as long as I had something in front of me.

I chew gum on the plane so it looks like I'm eating and the AC crews seem to leave me alone.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Since this isn't an AC issue, I'm moving it to the Canada forum.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
D404 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by jazzsax
I've never had an issue with that as long as I had something in front of me.

I chew gum on the plane so it looks like I'm eating and the AC crews seem to leave me alone.
Happened a few times to me, once just last week. On one LHR-YYZ flight in December 2021 they even made an announcement that pasengers must (yes, "must!" their words, not mine!) eat fast to minimize time without masks on.
yyztozag and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by D404
Happened a few times to me, once just last week. On one LHR-YYZ flight in December 2021 they even made an announcement that passengers must (yes, "must!" their words, not mine!) eat fast to minimize time without masks on.
That's funny and so sad in many ways

Even when they say to eat in 30 minutes, ya I usually take an hour and a half.
The gum thing is smart. I usually have an empty cup of coffee, with a lid that I keep bringing to my mouth.

One time last year a FA noticed that I was enjoying my complimentary SE snack for a very long time. I said to him, yes and as a medical professional you would know why I have to......he left me alone
Davvidd and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:08 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S

The gum thing is smart. I usually have an empty cup of coffee, with a lid that I keep bringing to my mouth.

One time last year a FA noticed that I was enjoying my complimentary SE snack for a very long time. I said to him, yes and as a medical professional you would know why I have to......he left me alone
Absolutely. If I eat fast, I throw up and have to take a very long time, in eating. This does not seem to be an issue with other airlines, certainly Asian ones. Honestly I would rather they do away with the masks on the flights than the vaccine mandates.
D404 and cheltzel like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:52 am

Pretending to be eating or drinking to avoid wearing a mask seems like more effort than just wearing the damned mask.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Honestly I would rather they do away with the masks on the flights than the vaccine mandates.
Yes, they got it backwards. This had a lot to do with getting unvaccinated airport employees back from furlough. Passengers weren't a factor with numbers already at capacity.
Davvidd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.