Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

How early for YYZ T3 international flight....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat

Have a 6 PM flight tomorrow to Europe, would showing up at 2 PM be overkill considering the lines I have seen on the news?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: AC SE
This is what Pearson posted to Twitter a couple of days ago in answer to that question.

While there is no definitive answer, we are recommending arriving at least 3-4 hours before your departure time. There is nothing wrong with arriving even earlier than that, just to have some extra buffer time in-hand. Happy travels!
If it was me, I'd do 3 hours.

Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
This is what Pearson posted to Twitter a couple of days ago in answer to that question.

If it was me, I'd do 3 hours.

twitter.com/TorontoPearson/status/1534151596489117696
Thanks!
TheCanuckian likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Just a follow up... I arrived at T3 3:30 hours before my flight fearing the worst, cleared security, was in the KLM lounge from check in in 15 minutes.

On the way home, which arrived at 8 PM there was no line and a few people at customs/computer terminals. Got through in, no joke,5 minutes.

I had carry on only. June 9 to June 14

I was fortunate to avoid all the crowds/lines/delays reported on TV
JeffersonCampervan likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan;KLM;UA
Thanks for that!
How was Schiphol on arrival?

I'm on the 10:45 KLM flight tonight.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JeffersonCampervan
Thanks for that!
How was Schiphol on arrival?

I'm on the 10:45 KLM flight tonight.
I got there at 6 am, and was transferring so it was ok and was quite quick, took about 10 minutes to get through EU border. Still Lots of people for 6 am at the airport

I hope you are getting on the 787.... I was pissed they change my plane to a 777-200
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan;KLM;UA
Originally Posted by eagle215
I got there at 6 am, and was transferring so it was ok and was quite quick, took about 10 minutes to get through EU border. Still Lots of people for 6 am at the airport

I hope you are getting on the 787.... I was pissed they change my plane to a 777-200
Thanks - carryon only but I'm not transferring .

I was supposed to be bringing my dog. KLM doesn't take dogs in the 787s, so I intentionally booked the 777, since they do transport dogs on 777s.
With all the delays and shortage of baggage handlers, we didn't think it safe for the dog, so I'm on a 777 sans chien...

Less than 10 minutes through security at Pearson, but that's with a Nexus card.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone know if
1) Term 3 security line for Nexus is open ? I do not want to get there too early if I can avoid it as Nexus lines are normally way quicker. International flight to Mexico.
2) Is there Nexus on arrival at Term 3 ?
I normally fly from Term 1 so term 3 is new to me, have not been there since pre pandemic.
Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
Anyone know if
1) Term 3 security line for Nexus is open ? I do not want to get there too early if I can avoid it as Nexus lines are normally way quicker. International flight to Mexico.
2) Is there Nexus on arrival at Term 3 ?
I normally fly from Term 1 so term 3 is new to me, have not been there since pre pandemic.
Thanks
I went through T3 last night connecting from international to domestic. Nexus was open for arrivals, but we couldn’t get the machines to work so went to the regular machines. There is a set in the same space for assistance pax and crew, so no need to get in the regular lineup.

Immigration officers were work8mg really hard to keep things moving fast. We were impressed by how proactive they were.

We had to re-clear security, but as we were premium pax could use the premium lane, which has no lineup. They have a scannable gate there that opens if you are approved. Not sure about NEXUS for security. CATSA agents were really hustling just like CBSA officers. Everything was pretty quick for us, which was great as we were slightly delayed, had a 90 minute connection only, and needed to see a WS agent due to an issue with getting BPs. And, as we had to check a bag we were nicely surprised that it arrived with us after connections in AMS and YYZ.

Honestly, the main holdup seemed to be people at immigration not having their customs slip ready, and at security having a pile of liquids that were not in a baggie.
vernonc likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
Anyone know if
Nexus security line for the middle checkpoint (B/C gates) has been open every time I've flown out of YYZ in the last two months. The one time I used the C gates checkpoint Nexus was also open there. The caveat is that even though Nexus holders get to the front, we're still filtered in with non-Nexus travellers. What this has meant for me a few times is that my bags are held up going through the scanner as a large number of trays that have gone through before me are diverted to inspection, and there hasn't been enough agents available to keep the trays moving. So the trays back up all the way to the diverter and the trays that are okay can't pass on for us to collect. It hasn't been a significant delay, but it very easily could be. Give yourself time.

I miss the days of the dedicated Nexus line where we all zoomed through with our shoes on, belts on, and laptops and liquids remaining in our bags.
vernonc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.