Security at YYZ (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security at YYZ (2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Flying out Intl at YYZ (Terminal 1). Do we still go to Intl via the Domestic gates , or have the reopened the Intl gates (E GATES)

Pretty sure there are Nexus/Priority lanes either way, but if someone can confirm. Thanks
Old May 7, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by lcohen999
CASTA in YYZ has gotten objectively worse of late.

Nexus lane is full of customers (and AC employees) who still don't understand the liquid and gel rule.
Well if you as a NEXUS cardholder as used to not pulling out liquids in the NEXUS lane and all of a sudden its no longer a NEXUS only lane but rather front of line access for NEXUS cardholders, I wouldnt be surprised that many do not know the difference. I overheard someone say recently that "Im a NEXUS member and I've never needed to take out my liquids."

Biggest shock for me was taking off shoes for a US bound flight. Havent had to do that in over 10 yrs until COVID and them removing NEXUS only lanes.
dsc2 likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:17 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Yesterday morning T1 domestic departures was a complete zoo. NEXUS line took about 50 mins, regular line was snaking all around the terminal and I wouldn't be surprised if the wait was in excess of 90-120 mins. This was around 6:30 am.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:20 am

Are there dedicated security lines at YYZ for parents with small children? Tks
Old May 11, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yeah when I went through on Friday, the NEXUS lines were decent (10m) but security was putting non-Nexus people in the line due to priority or whatnot. I suspect that this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I had a connection through YYZ with a layover for 2h before switching over to a transborder flight. I changed my flights to direct (forgoing the extra segment) simply because I can't afford to get stuck going through security and potentially missing my connection later this month.
Old May 11, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
What liquid/gel rule are we talking about here?

I am a Nexus member and have never heard of this. I've went through security about 30x this year and never taken anything out of my bag (which usually contains a small handful of <100ml liquid containers). Could someone elaborate?

Last edited by cmill007; May 11, 2022 at 3:48 pm Reason: clarity
Old May 11, 2022, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Robyyz
Are there dedicated security lines at YYZ for parents with small children? Tks
LOL. No.
LML40 likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Bonvoy Plat
5am T1 DOM - Regular lines looked pretty packed.

Priority line for SE was a relative breeze - less than 10 people in line - took about 5 mins.
TheCanuckian likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:42 am

YYZ -> USAArrived at 6:25 am today for an 8:00 am flight. Maybe 50 people in Nexus line. I was through in about 20 minutes.

Friends without Nexus arrived at 6:00 and were through by about 7:25 just in time for boarding. But then we sat on the runway for 45 minutes as they kept announcing we were waiting for more passengers. When they updated the time once I thought that was nice of them. Three times was a bit much.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by cmill007
What liquid/gel rule are we talking about here?

I am a Nexus member and have never heard of this. I've went through security about 30x this year and never taken anything out of my bag (which usually contains a small handful of <100ml liquid containers). Could someone elaborate?
Yeah that was weird. When I went through on the NEXUS line, they had a separate officer handing out the official baggies yelling at everyone saying that your liquids HAD to be in it, not your HOME/PERSONAL baggies, and they had to be in the bin. I just emptied mine into theirs in about 10s so not a big deal. But I did see a number of people get 'yelled' at again during secondary inspection that their liquids were still in their luggage and not in an official baggie.

Who knows... maybe it was just that day/shift/etc... whatever... highly annoying that NEXUS lines get co-opted for non-NEXUS members and then rules start getting changed.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by FOFT
5am T1 DOM - Regular lines looked pretty packed.

Priority line for SE was a relative breeze - less than 10 people in line - took about 5 mins.
Where exactly is the priority line for SE? I know there is usually 1 line for everyone, 1 for 'priority', and 1 for NEXUS. Most of the time I notice the priority line just empties into NEXUS... or am I missing something entirely? (I know there used to be another security line on arrivals level (before you go down into baggage) for T1 domestic -- but that seems to have gone away.
Old May 12, 2022, 4:38 pm

Anyone know the status of the AMEX Priority Lane at T1 Domestic at 6am? Heard regular line was already snaking around the airport. Given the situation, are the priority lanes are packed too?
Old May 13, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Cerberus
Where exactly is the priority line for SE? I know there is usually 1 line for everyone, 1 for 'priority', and 1 for NEXUS. Most of the time I notice the priority line just empties into NEXUS... or am I missing something entirely? (I know there used to be another security line on arrivals level (before you go down into baggage) for T1 domestic -- but that seems to have gone away.
I wasn't paying a lot of attention but I think you're right, NEXUS and 'priority' end up in a single line to go through the scanners. (Hard to tell because there were so few people that everyone was in the merged line). The start of the priority line was just a few steps away from the start of the NEXUS line, so its all in the same vicinity.

Last edited by tcook052; May 15, 2022 at 7:51 pm
Old May 14, 2022, 8:28 pm

Access to Priority Line at T1?

Hi there,

I'm wondering if I will have access to the priority line at Pearson T1 tomorrow in connection with my 7:30 pm flight. I've received different answers at Pearson in the past few months, so I'm not sure.

No Nexus Card, but I'm flying AC Premium Economy, 35K status, with Amex Aeroplan Reserve Card. I think it's the Amex Card that gets me into the priority security line, but the last time I flew PE (10 days ago) I had to speak to an agent because the automated gate that screened my BP wouldn't let me through (but the agent did).

I will arrive extra-early just in case I'm stuck in the regular line, but hoping not to have to add that stress to what is likely to be a difficult day. I'm flying on an emergency basis because my stepmother is critically ill and I'm going to support my dad while MAID takes place.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
Have Nexus, flying Economy to Florida from Toronto.

8:51 Arrived at airport T3, walked directly to security

8:56 Went through security, zero ppl in front of me

9:03 Went through US immigration, there was one person in front of me.

9:05 Sitting in the lounge

ezpz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.