Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

7(ish) hours to kill in YUL. Any suggestions

7(ish) hours to kill in YUL. Any suggestions

Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Security for a domestic route won't care about bagels.
I'm even pretty sure you could take them internationally to most places. Meats, dairy, and fruits are harder, though I always bring some Halifax pepperoni back to the states when I visit there and that's perfectly legal if declared (beef and pork of Canadian origin is allow in the US for personal use)
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by nmpls
Security for a domestic route won't care about bagels
No cream cheese spread allowed in carryon. All of mine was confiscated.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
No cream cheese spread allowed in carryon. All of mine was confiscated.
I said bagels, not cream cheese. You can buy cream cheese at home anyhow.
Originally Posted by Croptop
I'm reasonably sure I won't get bagels through security for the outbound flight. And I _really_ want some poutine. So I'm seriously leaning towards La Banquise at the moment.
FWIW, I like Greenspot for poutine and it is right by Leonel Groulx (where the 747 drops you). La Banquise is good, but if you turn out to be pressed for time, this is probably the easiest option.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Security for domestic and intl. is the same at YUL. And I can guarantee you, they really don't mind bagels.
Customs at your intl. arrival destination may be a different matter, but at least the EU does not ban baked bagels.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Security for domestic and intl. is the same at YUL. And I can guarantee you, they really don't mind bagels.
Customs at your intl. arrival destination may be a different matter, but at least the EU does not ban baked bagels.
I fly TATL flights out of YUL regularly and have never had any problems with homemade bread in my hand luggage or my favorite Balderson cheese for that matter.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
FWIW, I like Greenspot for poutine and it is right by Leonel Groulx (where the 747 drops you). La Banquise is good, but if you turn out to be pressed for time, this is probably the easiest option.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add it to my list of options for the day. Much appreciated.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Croptop
I'm reasonably sure I won't get bagels through security for the outbound flight. And I _really_ want some poutine. So I'm seriously leaning towards La Banquise at the moment.
With a 7-hour layover, you could even Uber to Banquise, have some poutine, walk to Fairmount (~30 minutes), and Uber back to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Probably even enough time to do it on transit, although I've never liked transit to/from YUL and have never taken it in all the times I've been there.

Heck, in 7 hours, I've gone to Schwartz's, walked around for a few hours, gone to Banquise, then stopped at Rockaberry for some take-out pie on the way to the airport.

Even if international security were separate (which, as others have pointed out, it isn't), it's a problem for the destination country, not CATSA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.