Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YYZ International Arrivals

YYZ International Arrivals

Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:14 pm

YYZ T1 Connections from USA to Canada

Just wondering what the process is now for Air Canada passengers arriving from USA and connecting to another canadian flight. Thought I read you have to collect luggage and re check it? what is the rationale behind this?

TIA!
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Flew to YYZ this morning. Landed at 11 and was out looking for my ride within 30 min. No Nexus. Very smooth.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:48 pm

Folks, flew into YYZ on 10/7/2021. Arrived T1 at 1240pm. Transiting passengers are routed to different immigration halls depending on destination.

For domestic Canadian connections: No fast track for frequent fliers etc. families do have a special line. I cleared passport control in 15 minutes with a US passport and no nexus.

seems like what took the longest was people figuring out which of the automated kiosks were open and then figuring out how to use the automated kiosks.

I didn’t check bags so can’t comment on whether one has to reclaim and recheck bags for an international to domestic connection .
avgeek9995 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Is OSS running again yet?

Originally Posted by missko
For domestic Canadian connections: No fast track for frequent fliers etc. families do have a special line. I cleared passport control in 15 minutes with a US passport and no nexus.
But was there a NEXUS line?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Is OSS running again yet?

But was there a NEXUS line?
OSS is running, and there's a NEXUS line in the OSS immigration area.

19 minutes from when AC says the brakes were set to being admitted to the MLL.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: AC SE
We arrived in T1 from overseas yesterday at around 2 PM. It was dead quiet in the airport and arrival was pretty much as fast and easy as in the olden days. The agent swiped our passports, asked if we are fully vaccinated, asked about food and alcohol, and sent us on our way.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:35 am

For connecting pax arriving from USA connecting to domestic- do we need to claim bags again and is there still a shuttle bus that transfers to D gates? Haven't done the process since 2019...any recent experiences appreciated!
Old Oct 15, 2021, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by avgeek9995
For connecting pax arriving from USA connecting to domestic- do we need to claim bags again
If you're connecting AC-AC, they should be checked through, unless they tell you otherwise.

and is there still a shuttle bus that transfers to D gates?
No. You now go through a corridor, same one pax connecting DOM-INTL use. More walking, but much better than the bus.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:22 am

Have a flight coming up from DXB-YYZ-YUL all on AC. The flight arrives in YYZ pretty early in the morning. How is the customs hall at that time? (No Nexus here). Also, if we check a bag, do we claim and re-check (it seems that way based on the photos)?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: Asiana Club
Would definitely recommend avoiding connecting in YYZ if possible

Today has been my worst airport experience ever! 😡 flew AC from Doha, Qatar connecting in YYZ to get back to YYC. I had done ArriveCAN etc and had everything ready. I travel only with carry-on, so one would think it should be a breeze with a 90 minute connection.

Went through customs/immigration and then security through the connections area, only to be told to go downstairs to the “arrivals” to do customs and security again. Had to go “out” to departures and then go through security only to have missed my connecting flight to YYC. I arrived at 15:35 and my flight was due to depart 16:55.

I am going to connect in Houston, LA, Frankfurt or London next time to get a direct shot back to Calgary.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by YYCGT
Today has been my worst airport experience ever! 😡 flew AC from Doha, Qatar connecting in YYZ to get back to YYC. I had done ArriveCAN etc and had everything ready. I travel only with carry-on, so one would think it should be a breeze with a 90 minute connection.

Went through customs/immigration and then security through the connections area, only to be told to go downstairs to the “arrivals” to do customs and security again. Had to go “out” to departures and then go through security only to have missed my connecting flight to YYC. I arrived at 15:35 and my flight was due to depart 16:55.

I am going to connect in Houston, LA, Frankfurt or London next time to get a direct shot back to Calgary.
Connecting from QR in YUL to a domestic flight was a breeze. QR is the first arriving flight of the afternoon, so YUL customs is empty and youre out of there fast. (it took 15 mins with checked bags)
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:15 pm

What is the process in YYZ now for connecting pax from USA to Domestic connections on AC? When I did it back in 2019, we never had to clear security or claim bags. Is this all changed now cause of covid? I will be doing this in November, so I am just curious of what to expect. Thanks
Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: Asiana Club
yup apparently you need to claim your bags and clear security again. I heard US travellers also connecting which had to do that same.

Originally Posted by avgeek9995
What is the process in YYZ now for connecting pax from USA to Domestic connections on AC? When I did it back in 2019, we never had to clear security or claim bags. Is this all changed now cause of covid? I will be doing this in November, so I am just curious of what to expect. Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:20 pm
formerly willbbiddy

I have a USA - YYZ - USA flight coming up with a <24hr connection. I pretty sure I'm exempt from testing, but I don't know what the secure connecting area is. My fight typically lands and departs from T1. It's an overnight so I've booked a room at the Sheraton which I understand is connected to T3. Am I going to be allowed to move around the airport or am I going to be stuck somewhere with no lounge hotel, anything access?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
I have a USA - YYZ - USA flight coming up with a <24hr connection. I pretty sure I'm exempt from testing, but I don't know what the secure connecting area is. My fight typically lands and departs from T1. It's an overnight so I've booked a room at the Sheraton which I understand is connected to T3. Am I going to be allowed to move around the airport or am I going to be stuck somewhere with no lounge hotel, anything access?
You will need a PCR test to be admitted into Canada. T3 has no in-transit area and you are overnighting. To avoid this you must fly AC/UA and arrive and depart from T1. Otherwise anyone could just book a dummy or hidden city connection and just stay in Toronto.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.