Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Transfer Desk at YVR: USA-YVR-IST (Separate ticket)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2021, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I'm trying to find some information, but can't find any - even on YVR airport website.

I'm planning to fly out of any USA gateway to YVR on any carrier (either AA, UA, AC, or AS), and then connect on TK flight from YVR to IST. Due to covid restriction, is there a way to transit airside without clearing the immigration? Obviously if it's the same PNR, it wouldn't be an issue. But since I will have separate tickets, this might be an issue.

Connection time will be <12 hours/same day. Based on my past experience with separate PNRs, usually, they can check through/interline the bags, but I still need to get the BP at YVR (transfer desk).

That said, I can't even find the information if the transfer desk is available at YVR, especially during Covid. Does anyone have any experience to share? Or is it even possible to get TK BP when checking in my flight in the US?

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
You may struggle with this on 2 different PNRs. Unless you hold a Canadian passport you may be denied boarding of your flight to YVR.

I'd suggest you call the airline and ask for their advice but honestly I don't think you will manage this unless you ticket on one PNR.
seawolf likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by johnsw1988
Or is it even possible to get TK BP when checking in my flight in the US?
A good question...for the TK forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.