Search

New Brunswick implements mandatory arrival hotel isolation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K MM
New Brunswick implements mandatory arrival hotel isolation

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....
How is this nonsense constitutional when its within Canada.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/mobile/n...ases-1.5400040
Effective at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, the following groups of people will be required to isolate for the first seven days of their mandatory 14 days in a hotel at their own expense:
  • All leisure and non-essential travellers
  • Every person approved to move to New Brunswick
  • All business travellers who are not rotational workers, truckers, or commuters
"This rule applies regardless of whether or not the traveller has been vaccinated," said Higgs. "Isolation hotels will be located in Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Miramichi, Bathurst, Campbellton, and Woodstock."

On day five of the mandatory hotel isolation, the traveller will be subject to a COVID-19 test. If it comes back negative, they can finish their 14-day isolation at home – as long as nobody else is there, and on the condition that they take another test on day ten.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....
How is this nonsense constitutional when its within Canada.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/mobile/n...ases-1.5400040
Effective at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, the following groups of people will be required to isolate for the first seven days of their mandatory 14 days in a hotel at their own expense:
  • All leisure and non-essential travellers
  • Every person approved to move to New Brunswick
  • All business travellers who are not rotational workers, truckers, or commuters
"This rule applies regardless of whether or not the traveller has been vaccinated," said Higgs. "Isolation hotels will be located in Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Miramichi, Bathurst, Campbellton, and Woodstock."

On day five of the mandatory hotel isolation, the traveller will be subject to a COVID-19 test. If it comes back negative, they can finish their 14-day isolation at home – as long as nobody else is there, and on the condition that they take another test on day ten.
$200 hotel per day is a lot cheaper than the feds. So someone coming home from wintering in Florida has to do a 3-day stay at YYZ/YUL and then another hotel stay upon entering NB. Wow.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:23 pm

The UK version of hotel quarantine at least reflects some attempt to follow the science. This is ridiculous...
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
I agree

Originally Posted by yerffej201
The UK version of hotel quarantine at least reflects some attempt to follow the science. This is ridiculous...
I agree. Any idea where these quarnatine hotels are ? St. Stephen's ? I cannot imagine how the Red Cross was suposed to sort this out within 72 h ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.