Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
I'm flying from YVR to Monterey on Saturday and returning on Sunday. I'll be gone for around 36 hours so is it possible to use the same test to enter the US to enter back into Canada?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Passport vs Nexus?

Flying into Canada and am wondering about NEXUS vs passport to put into ArriveCAN.

If I put in my passport info for ArriveCAN, can I still use the NEXUS kiosks when I enter? If I do, does this screw anything up with ArriveCAN?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by txp
Sorry, I misspoke. I did not do the 8th day covid test. What I mean by my "second" covid test is the one I did right after I cross the border--the only one that's required. The first test (in my mind) is the one I did before crossing the border.

BTW, the results of that "second" (i.e. border) test are still not in!
I'm still awaiting the results of my arrival test on July 23. I don't think it's coming.

Originally Posted by LaFerrari
I'm flying from YVR to Monterey on Saturday and returning on Sunday. I'll be gone for around 36 hours so is it possible to use the same test to enter the US to enter back into Canada?
As long as it was taken within 72 hours of your departure back to Canada, and is a molecular test.

Originally Posted by gnof
Flying into Canada and am wondering about NEXUS vs passport to put into ArriveCAN.

If I put in my passport info for ArriveCAN, can I still use the NEXUS kiosks when I enter? If I do, does this screw anything up with ArriveCAN?
Why take the chance? Just enter your NEXUS data.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC-SE, IHG Ambassador, National Executive, LHW

Good afternoon
I landed in YUL Monday noon and used my passport number in ArriveCan and no issues with the Nexus kiosks.

On my original question, if it helps anybody, all has been smooth sailing with the EU vaccination certficate. I had written to the Canadian embassy last week and they replied the same day that the EU certificate was accepted by the Canadian government and CBSA. I uploaded the same PDF for each vaccine dose, submitted and got a V and it turned into an I in less than a minute. Except for a little bottleneck in YUL top of the escalator (lost about 20 minutes) all was smooth sailing with Nexus (longer lines about an hour for normal lines) and the CBSA officer only wanted to see my negative PCR test.

Cheers
gnof likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by pleasure
Good afternoon
I landed in YUL Monday noon and used my passport number in ArriveCan and no issues with the Nexus kiosks.

On my original question, if it helps anybody, all has been smooth sailing with the EU vaccination certficate. I had written to the Canadian embassy last week and they replied the same day that the EU certificate was accepted by the Canadian government and CBSA. I uploaded the same PDF for each vaccine dose, submitted and got a V and it turned into an I in less than a minute. Except for a little bottleneck in YUL top of the escalator (lost about 20 minutes) all was smooth sailing with Nexus (longer lines about an hour for normal lines) and the CBSA officer only wanted to see my negative PCR test.

Cheers
Same for me at YYZ. They have all the info they need in arrivecan. He just asked to see my covid test.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 6:16 am

I always put my passport details into ArriveCan, and then use the Nexus kiosks to enter. It doesn't mess anything up with ArriveCan or your entry. I usually just hand my passport to the border official, if I've put my Nexus card away by the time I get there. They've never asked to see it. I think 'they' know everything about 'you' anyway, scary thought.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Same for me at YYZ. They have all the info they need in arrivecan. He just asked to see my covid test.
Same here, smooth at YYZ NEXUS yesterday with CDC card or Ontario Proofs uploaded to ArriveCan. CBSA only asked for departure tests and the usual declaration exemption questions.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Do we need to keep the green sticker on the front of our passports?
Do you get a new one every time you enter?

What about the little date sticker?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Do we need to keep the green sticker on the front of our passports?
Do you get a new one every time you enter?

What about the little date sticker?
SFO put another yellow sticker on my passport because I'm fully vaccinated.

But I don't think I need to show the passport to anyone else, because I'm flying with NEXUS?

I ripped off the first one as soon as I left the arrivals hall last time.
jackmaninov likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I (fully vaccinated) arrived with an unvaccinated kid after August 8. He did have to do the arrival test and got a day 8 kit as well, however they did not give any details on the new "quarantine-light" (like which place to avoid...) He will avoid school / day care anyway but otherwise it looks like we can do anything like anyone else...
Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
SFO put another yellow sticker on my passport because I'm fully vaccinated.

But I don't think I need to show the passport to anyone else, because I'm flying with NEXUS?

I ripped off the first one as soon as I left the arrivals hall last time.
Same - I have 3 stickers - one from SFO which no one checked after it was applied, one from the CBSA officer to indicate I can skip quarantine, and one after testing with the date on it.

I plan to keep the stickers until my 14 days are up, just in case. Then into the trash they go.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:36 pm

Could we have a photo of what these CBSA stickers look like? Just for curiosity’s sake, of course.

Last edited by jackmaninov; Aug 14, 2021 at 12:57 am
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: Accor, Diamond
Angry

Originally Posted by jackmaninov
Could we have a photo of what these CBSA stickers look like? Just for curiosity’s sake, of course.

Here it is.

Three of us landed yesterday at YYZ around 6pm. We spent some 30 mins onboard (the connecting passengers were allowed to deplane right away). When we arrived at customs it was packed and the progress was glacial. In total, we spent 2 hours just trying to get to our luggage. Unbelievable. Can somebody tell me why?
It is not because of the covid tests for minors - the stations were empty. It has clearly something to do with the CBSA.
jackmaninov likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by CorSter
Yeah, AC was doing it at BOS too when I flew back last week. Didn't want to see the ArriveCan receipt (which is mandatory) but very interested in proof of vaccination (which is not).

I will be traveling in a couple of weeks on AC with my family from IAD to YYZ. (Vaccinated and unvaccinated family members) I know that Canadians are allowed back into Canada if they are unvaccinated. Has anyone here been denied boarding because they have been unable to show a vaccination card?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by trufflesandwine
I will be traveling in a couple of weeks on AC with my family from IAD to YYZ. (Vaccinated and unvaccinated family members) I know that Canadians are allowed back into Canada if they are unvaccinated. Has anyone here been denied boarding because they have been unable to show a vaccination card?
Denied boarding for no 72-hour covid test. Vaccinations are optional to eliminate quarantine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.