Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Due to the phone booking issues apparently you can now book Marriott hotels online using rate code CGV for the 3days. Not sure about the other chains.
daniellam, m.y, jlisi984 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Due to the phone booking issues apparently you can now book Marriott hotels online using rate code CGV for the 3days. Not sure about the other chains.
Isnt CGV the discounted government/military rate?
Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Isnt CGV the discounted government/military rate?
yes I noticed that. But if you select three days and if there is availability then it will display as a package based on the daily rate. Rate rules reflect the covid rules

Only hotels for the three days required had the Gateway and Marriott showing availability. No 4 points or others I could see.

Last edited by Argonaut1000; Feb 27, 2021 at 2:26 pm
Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by bambinomartino
An American reuniting with her special one in Canada spent 1 night at a YUL hotel. Dinner arrived am hour or so late (and she hadn't had anything to eat for quite some time). Doesn't look too great, and she did not get anything to drink:

She got a bottle of water at breakfast, if it can be called that:

I just can't... The $125 food credit in the various rate details posted in this thread is clearly some kind of joke.

Photo credits Twitter
It looks like Gateway have removed the specifics of providing $125 food credit.
  • Non-Commissionable Rate
  • SINGLE GUEST PKG INCL RM, 3 MEALS PERS/NT, IN-TERMINAL, NO
  • TRANSPORT FEES
  • Reservations are for a minimum of 3 nights and fully prepaid
  • and deposit that is non-refundable. Taxes are additional.
  • - 3 meals per day per registered guest
  • - Extra child and adult fee for food and beverage (125.00CAD)
  • as of 8 years old and older will apply at check in
  • - High speed Wi-Fi, Television, Radio
  • - Contact less delivery of meal at room door
  • - Fresh linen and bedding upon request
  • - Disinfectant for traveler to clean high-touch surfaces in
  • their own room
  • - Safe, contact less collect of waste (3 times a day, post meal
  • period)
  • - Contact less delivery of meal at room door
  • - Healthy/ smoke break twice day
  • - Security, access control and report to PHAC
  • ***Add connecting room at Check in, 150CAD per night***
Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: AC MM
When this hotel quarantine was first announced does anyone remember if there was any wording on if this was here to stay for the longterm (like it is in Australia, New Zealand etc.) or if there was a certain time frame set for this.
Obviously it doesn't have to mean much if they said it might be removed in April, May ....... just wondering if there is any hope of this hotel quarantine being withdrawn by summer or at least be finetuned and not valued at $ 2,000.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
When this hotel quarantine was first announced does anyone remember if there was any wording on if this was here to stay for the longterm (like it is in Australia, New Zealand etc.) or if there was a certain time frame set for this.
Obviously it doesn't have to mean much if they said it might be removed in April, May ....... just wondering if there is any hope of this hotel quarantine being withdrawn by summer or at least be finetuned and not valued at $ 2,000.
AFAIK there's hasn't been an end date announced publicly so would expect it to be around until the Fall.
yvrcnx, LETTERBOY and Often1 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
For YVR, rate code GAA works for the Radisson, the Executive Inn and a few others. Not the Fairmont from what I can tell. Also, here is a list they are giving out at the airport in YVR if you arrive without a booking.

yvrcnx likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would not make any plans which do include the hotel quarantine until a termination date is formally announced. There is quite literally no person who has any remote idea when that might be because the science supporting its termination requires data which does not yet exist.
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:13 pm

This is robbery how you are forced to pay for 3 nights, and when you get the result within 24hrs (as someone posted on FB), they will not refund you the other 2 nights.

This is a jungle, where you get eaten, and the legal system, our "Canadian values" turn a blind eye.
LETTERBOY and zrh2yvr like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
For YVR, rate code GAA works for the Radisson, the Executive Inn and a few others. Not the Fairmont from what I can tell. Also, here is a list they are giving out at the airport in YVR if you arrive without a booking.

At least there are pricing options way below the $ 2,000 like the Radisson near YVR which is right in the center of Richmond and not a bad property for $ 850.
Not sure how the Travelodge is charging $ 588 per night as it is not a very nice property, in my opinion.

The Executive Hotel Vancouver Airport is also quite nice and at $ 249 much more reasonable as well.

With these prices I could live especially if it shows that it is 'working' and if meals are not what is shown in previous posts.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
At least there are pricing options way below the $ 2,000 like the Radisson near YVR which is right in the center of Richmond and not a bad property for $ 850.
Not sure how the Travelodge is charging $ 588 per night as it is not a very nice property, in my opinion.

The Executive Hotel Vancouver Airport is also quite nice and at $ 249 much more reasonable as well.

With these prices I could live especially if it shows that it is 'working' and if meals are not what is shown in previous posts.
These hotels have never had it so good with these outrageous prices!!
The Lev, yvrcnx, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:14 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by Finkface

Who in their right mind would stay at the Days Inn for $1950 (3 nights) or $650/night? Perhaps the owners of Days Inn might need to adjust their rates lower?

The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is now bookable online ( http://www.fairmont-pacific-northwes...ler-isolation/ ). I checked the rates (for 1 person) and they range from $554.44+tax/night or $1663.20+tax/3 nights (for a Fairmont Room) to $693.44+tax/night or $2080.32+tax/3 nights (for a Signature Studio) for a random 3 night stay in March. Note: Unused nights are non-refundable.

The Fairmont even posted their In Room Dining Menu and the food seems pretty decent ( https://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-a...rd-3-day-menu/ ).
yvrcnx, Jasper2009 and wrp96 like this.

Last edited by daniellam; Feb 27, 2021 at 10:49 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam
Who in their right mind would stay at the Days Inn for $1950 (3 nights) or $650/night? Perhaps the owners of Days Inn might need to adjust their rates lower?

The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is now bookable online ( http://www.fairmont-pacific-northwes...ler-isolation/ ). I checked the rates (for 1 person) and they range from $554.44+tax/night or $1663.20+tax/nights (for a Fairmont Room) to $693.44+tax/night or $2080.32+tax/3 nights (for a Signature Studio) for a random 3 night stay in March. Note: Unused nights are non-refundable.

The Fairmont even posted their In Room Dining Menu and the food seems pretty decent ( https://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-a...rd-3-day-menu/ ).
First I thought that the rate for the Days in was for the entire 3 nights which would make more sense but then I saw it's listed as "per night", really crazy.

I like the way the Fairmont Hotel has everything clearly listed and I hope some other hotels will do the same and give people options.
Spending almost $ 1,700 for 3 nights would still be quite high and I would be tempted to rather spend that amount on a nice AirBnB overseas for a month and hope that after that month there is no more hotel quarantine requirement. One can dream..........
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by daniellam

The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is now bookable online ( http://www.fairmont-pacific-northwes...ler-isolation/ ). I checked the rates (for 1 person) and they range from $554.44+tax/night or $1663.20+tax/nights (for a Fairmont Room) to $693.44+tax/night or $2080.32+tax/3 nights (for a Signature Studio) for a random 3 night stay in March. Note: Unused nights are non-refundable.

Same with the Travelodge. They're betting that the rest of the hotels will be sold out and people will be "forced" to stay at their hotel. Either that or they're run by the mob and used to help lauder money LOL
yvrcnx and Yul_voyager like this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
The OIC that created this mess expires April 30, so that's an indication of when this program will wind down.

Someone else posted that airlines were made a deal that effectively involved complying with the sun destination travel ban/not lobbying against it or looking for loopholes in exchange for travel restrictions dramatically loosening on May 1 with antigen tests replacing quarantine.

Booking the Executive Hotel YVR Airport for 1 night would be totally reasonable.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 28, 2021 at 7:14 am Reason: merge separate posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.