Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Isn't it the last direct flight to Canada and if so someone is transiting thru another airport that does not count?
yes - 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of the flight to Canada. If you are connecting, it’s the departure time of that flight that is going to touch down in Canada.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I am getting an email about,

This message is to remind you that you are required by law to follow the directions you were provided at the time of entry regarding any applicable quarantine and testing obligations.An Emergency Order under the Quarantine Act that applies to all travellers arriving in Canada is currently in force.

IF YOU, Have recently entered Canada :
THEN, YOU MUST:
  • complete both DAY 1 and DAY 8 COVID-19 molecular tests;
  • for the 14 days after you entered Canada, monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19;
  • maintain a list of the names and contact information of every person you have come into close contact with during the 14-day period AND all of the places you have been; and
  • follow the increased public health measure listed below
IF YOU WERE PROVIDED DIFFERENT INSTRUCTIONS AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, you must follow those instructions.

I was given no instructions at all. I provided a negative PCR result and also a proof or recovery letter too on my arrivcan. Is this just an automated email they send to everyone?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:19 pm

I was given no instructions at all. I provided a negative PCR result and also a proof or recovery letter too on my arrivcan. Is this just an automated email they send to everyone?
Yes it is.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Am I reading it wrong or can we take molecular tests in Canada again?
The website would appear to be worded that way, but the order in council and it still has the "outside of Canada" language: https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/...=41627&lang=en
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CorSter
Yes it is.
so it is useless email and nothing is correct? The quarantine and post arrival test are lifted right?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
yes - 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of the flight to Canada. If you are connecting, it’s the departure time of that flight that is going to touch down in Canada.
oh that is little uncomfortable. So if I am connecting at Heathrow and from there the final flight to YYZ departs at 12:35pm i need to add 1 hour (i live in CZE) and the first possible time for the pcr test would be 1:35 local time (minus 3 days).

i really hope the testing requirements will be lifted soon
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by casey89
so it is useless email and nothing is correct? The quarantine and post arrival test are lifted right?
Not really. They could still ask you to take a test. It was being announced in YYZ that they could ask you to take a test still. Some passengers may be selected for random testing.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:31 am

My Data Points From March 8, 2022

I spent the last couple of weeks in Europe, ending up with a FRA-EWR-YUL return that departed Frankfurt at 11:05 on March 8. As the Canadian testing requirements had changed recently, I scheduled a Rapid Antigen test at 16:00 on March 7 at a testing centre directly opposite the Haupbahnhof. The timing was meant to satisfy both the American (24 hour) and Canadian (1 day prior) deadlines, and it did just that, despite UA's Travel-Ready Center's rejection of the results for the Canadian authorities based on their misinterpretation of Canada's 1 day prior deadline. Armed with a link to the official Canadian government website which has a clear definition of the timeline, I was prepared to do battle at the UA check-in counter, but there was no need. Security officials readily accepted all my documents and this transferred over to the TRC page on the UA app. I had already loaded my vaccination passport and provided the completed ArriveCan receipt.
Upon my arrival at YUL, I was merely asked if I had would be able to provide the ArriveCan receipt, but it, as well as my negative Antigen test receipt and my Canadian vaccination passport were never requested at any point. I saw no one being directed to a testing kiosk, although, TBH, there were only a couple of people exiting at the same time as I. Surprisingly, I was in and out of the airport in less than 20 minutes, a new record for me. In EWR, BTW, the CDC was offering free PCR tests to all pax arriving on my flight from Frankfurt.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:20 am

Not really. They could still ask you to take a test. It was being announced in YYZ that they could ask you to take a test still. Some passengers may be selected for random testing.
Happened to my GF on Saturday 3/5/22. It was easy, you register for a website, get the test and off you go. it took about 10 minutes. (we flew AA from DCA-YYZ)
Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott T- Elite
CDN Stuck in USA , tested Positive what are my options..

Hi Folks,
I flew in from YYZ to Newark on Tuesday and I tested positive in USA and I am vaccinated, Included the booster. Currently quarantining in the hotel.
What are my option going back to Canada? I was scheduled to fly AC tomorrow afternoon. That's not happening. How long I have to stay in the USA?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:30 am

Keep antigen testing, tests are generally free at pharmacies (paid by US insurance companies etc). Maybe you will get a negative one, and you can use it to return home.

Otherwise take a PCR test asap, then you wait for ten days after the day of your positive test to return home.

You cannot use a positive antigen test to return home, but you can use a positive PCR test to return. You need a negative antigen or a 11 day old positive PCR.
ecgz88 likes this.

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
This thread will be moved, but either way:

If you are a Canadian Citizen (or Landed Immigrant) you can enter Canada now. You just really have to "have a quarantine plan" for 14 days as you know you'll fail the exceptions. That said, its possible Air Canada won't let you board. Rent a car, or maybe Amtrak?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
10 days after a PCR test (not antigen), assuming you are symptom-free. Here is the info from the government's website:
  1. Previous positive molecular test result: you no longer have symptoms and provide proof of a positive molecular test taken at least 10 calendar days and no more than 180 calendar days before entering Canada. Counting starts the day after your test.
    • for example, if your positive COVID-19 molecular test was taken on January 1, then January 11 would be the earliest scheduled departure date of your flight to Canada, or the first day you could use it to enter Canada by land or water
    • if your positive proof is accepted you won’t have to take arrival or Day-8 tests
    • a positive antigen test result is never a valid test result for boarding a flight or entry to Canada and can’t be used as proof of a previous infection
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada
Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:35 am

I am Canadian Citizen.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by The Lev
10 days after a PCR test (not antigen), assuming you are symptom-free. Here is the info from the government's website:
  1. Previous positive molecular test result: you no longer have symptoms and provide proof of a positive molecular test taken at least 10 calendar days and no more than 180 calendar days before entering Canada. Counting starts the day after your test.
    • for example, if your positive COVID-19 molecular test was taken on January 1, then January 11 would be the earliest scheduled departure date of your flight to Canada, or the first day you could use it to enter Canada by land or water
    • if your positive proof is accepted you won’t have to take arrival or Day-8 tests
    • a positive antigen test result is never a valid test result for boarding a flight or entry to Canada and can’t be used as proof of a previous infection
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada
Thank you for sharing this information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.