Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

USA Now Requires a Negative Covid Test For Air Entry From Canada Starting Jan 26

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA Now Requires a Negative Covid Test For Air Entry From Canada Starting Jan 26

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knotseh
My wife and baby daughter took a test at the YVR Medical clinic. Very fast (after filling out the forms) took about 10 mins for all 3 of us.
https://yvrmedical.com/covid-19-faqs/

They take appointment and were quite friendly.
Results were emailed within 24 hours directly to us
How much did it cost?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC MM
Deleted, not relevant.

Last edited by yvrcnx; Mar 27, 2021 at 4:32 pm
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: AC SE
By way of FYI, we went to a Shopper’s Drug Mart in the GTA to get tested and received results 16 hours later. (Tested at 2 PM, results at 6 the next morning). They do a minimally-invasive swab that is only 1 cm deep. It was all super easy.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: Accor, Diamond
Hey, the same here and even faster. Had the test done recently around 4pm or so (GTA@Shoppers) and the negative results arrived some 13 hours later. Really surprised how smooth everything was.

It is unfortunate that my $$ were going to the US airlines but honestly good for them and perhaps one day someone will be held accountable for this cluster-f-mess.
zrh2yvr likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I did mine at Shoppers as well in Mississauga. Went for a 11am appointment and got the results at 1:25am
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Can one use the 10 day test that is taken after arrival into Canada as their entry test into the US? So I arrive in Canada, take my home test on the 10th day. Can I use that negative result to enter the US within 72 hours (assuming I get the result back in time)?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
So I had one of those free asymptomatic essential worker tests done at Shoppers.
This is the only page for results on the Ontario govt site.

I assume this would be useless for travel? First, your last name is blacked out, there is no pdf or anything to download, and nowhere does it say PCR.

Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I assume this would be useless for travel? First, your last name is blacked out, there is no pdf or anything to download, and nowhere does it say PCR.
I am pretty sure. This is from the CDC site:

What is a verifiable test result?A verifiable test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy) of a laboratory test result. Testing must be performed using a viral test (NAAT or antigen), and negative results must be presented to the airline prior to boarding. The test result documentation must include information that identifies the person, a specimen collection date and the type of test. A negative test result must show test was done within the 3 days before the flight. A positive test result must show the test was done within the 3 months before the flight.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
So I had one of those free asymptomatic essential worker tests done at Shoppers.
This is the only page for results on the Ontario govt site.
Are you in or near the Halton region? If so, PM me and I can explain how to get free test results that are acceptable for travel.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Rapid antigen testing is now available at YYZ for US flights.
Cant find info on cost, buf FAQ says free for Ontario residents for the next 10 weeks?? https://www.torontopearson.com/en/he...-united-states

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...-03-25?tesla=y
gei likes this.

Last edited by rankourabu; Mar 25, 2021 at 8:03 pm
Old Mar 26, 2021, 9:26 pm

Rapid antigen testing is now available at YYZ for US flights.
Cant find info on cost, buf FAQ says free for Ontario residents for the next 10 weeks?? https://www.torontopearson.com/en/he...-united-states

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...-03-25?tesla=y
that would be great for yvr. damn
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:59 pm

For flights to the US from Canadian airports, are test results checked at the check-in counter, prior to clearing US customs, or at the gate prior to boarding? Just wondering if one needs to plan to arrive earlier than normal if results are checked prior to customs.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by spartacus81
For flights to the US from Canadian airports, are test results checked at the check-in counter, prior to clearing US customs, or at the gate prior to boarding? Just wondering if one needs to plan to arrive earlier than normal if results are checked prior to customs.
In my latest experience, both. Well, not technically at the check in counter as there was a rep waiting just in front of the kiosks who checked your test result and handed you the attestation form. Then at the gate, the test result was checked again and the attestation collected.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does anyone know where to get a Covid test in Prince Rupert or Terrace that would provide same day results?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Finkface
In my latest experience, both. Well, not technically at the check in counter as there was a rep waiting just in front of the kiosks who checked your test result and handed you the attestation form. Then at the gate, the test result was checked again and the attestation collected.
whats the attestation form? I haven’t crossed the border since January and don’t recall getting one then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.